Sign in to follow this  
B36D

A good game?

i have 60$ that im gonna use to buy a game. i have a wii and an xbox 360, what are some good games that have replay ability so i wont get bored with them in like 2 days?

Bioshock 2 has a wonderful single player mode. And a fairly addicting multiplayer.

Orange Box has 3 great story modes(Half Life 2, HL2 episode 1, HL 2 Episode 2, 1 puzzle game that will blow your mind (Portal) and a laggy but addicting Multiplayer at the steal price of 20 bucks. Don't buy it just for TF2 though, it has some connection problems.

Bioshock 2 has a wonderful single player mode. And a fairly addicting multiplayer.

Orange Box has 3 great story modes(Half Life 2, HL2 episode 1, HL 2 Episode 2, 1 puzzle game that will blow your mind (Portal) and a laggy but addicting Multiplayer at the steal price of 20 bucks. Don't buy it just for TF2 though, it has some connection problems.

TF2 runs flawlessly for me.

well look at you Hi my names Mr.perfect connection!....lol

well look at you Hi my names Mr.perfect connection!....lol

Works well for me, too. And everyone I play with.

Hmm...

I here Bioshock 2 is good. AC2 is good, but lacks replay-ability. New Super Mario Bros. Wii is supposed to be good.

MW2, if that's your kind of game.

Hmm.. I can't think of many more off the top of my head.

Lost Planet 2

Super mario galaxy 1 or 2

that's all i got...

For me, the orignal Super Mario Galaxy lacked repalyability. After i beat it, I didn't see a point in getting all the stars or anything.

Lost Planet 2

Super mario galaxy 1 or 2

that's all i got...

For me, the orignal Super Mario Galaxy lacked repalyability. After i beat it, I didn't see a point in getting all the stars

for luigi. :D

Super Smash Brothers Brawl and Mario Kart Wii are both absolutely fantastic. But if you have a Wii, I'm guessing you already have these two titles. If not, I recommend them.

Not for xbawks. The Pc works fine, sure. But the Xboxs version has terrible problems when it comes to online connections.

Not for xbawks. The Pc works fine, sure. But the Xboxs version has terrible problems when it comes to online connections.

Yeah, finding a non-lag game can be hard.

I've had a little more luck lately.

But then a lot of those seem to disconnect for no reason.

To be honest, it really depends on your taste. While some people don't find a high replay value for Super Mario Galaxy, I got all 242 stars even though I wasn't completely in love with the game.

And, as for the Orange Box, it really depends. Obviously, Team Fortress 2 is probably the most played game of all the games that come in the bundle, so if you don't have Gold on Xbox Live, don't expect to play it for TOO long. Also, if you have or are ever planning to have a good PC in the future, keep in mind that the PC version of Team Fortress 2 is TONS better, and is still being added upon to this day. If you expect to get the best experience and think that you might have a sufficient PC at some point, I'd suggest buying it on the PC instead, or buying it on the 360 while keeping in mind that you might want to buy it again for the PC later. Of course, this is all assuming you have or are going to have a good PC at some point. If you don't think you'll have one within the near future, then I'd recommend buying the Orange Box for the 360. It's good fun.

As for the Wii, my top favorites are Super Smash Bros. Brawl and Mario Kart Wii.

If you are in to sidescroller games, like you really love them, and if you like to play your games over and over again, I think you might like New Super Mario Bros Wii. Brutal Legends for Xbox360 is good fun too, with a unique action RTS type of gameplay. ALSO, the Wii plays Gamecube games, so if you don't have it, you should buy Pikmin 2.

For the 360, Aliens Vs. Predator is freaking awesome, especially playing as the alien. There's also Bioshock 2, Modern Warfare 2, Left 4 Dead 2, and the Orange Box for all your FPS needs, as well as Borderlands. Dragon Age: Origins is a great RPG (although it is not for everyone), as well as Mass Effect 2. Bayonetta, although having lots of dialog and cutscenes, is also a blast. Dante's Inferno is fairly fun, but lacks replay value, and the content can scare parents into making kids not getting it. Brutal Legend, yes, Brutal Legend, is not bad, provided you don't suck hardcore at any level of RTS gaming, as the strategy elements can get to people unprepared for them in the game (like me).

For the Wii, Punchout! is fun if you enjoyed the Wii Sport's Boxing game and thought it could have been better though, Mario Kart Wii, SSBB, Zelda: Twilight Princess, and NSMB Wii are all great Wii games. No More Heroes 1 and 2 are both fairly fun, but lack replay value (technically Zelda does as well), and Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010 is surprisingly fun for a hunting game. Wii Sports Resort is not bad, but has a lot of re-hashed Wii Sports games in some manner of speaking (Golf returned, Table Tennis, and Bowling returned, Fencing is the new Boxing).

Or you could use the Wii like I do, and just download a lot of the classics you enjoyed with a couple Wii points cards. :P

In the end, it's up to you. There's plenty of choices out there, safest bet is to talk to the people who work where you'll buy the game (preferably the people who know what they're talking about and are not biased), and make a judgment call off of that.

Guest Saracen

In the end it just comes down to your own personal taste. But to make this post semi-useful, I'll put in my two cents.

For the XB360:

Blood Bowl - Really fun and engaging strategy game. It strongly resembles football, but with completely different rules and circumstances. The campaign mode allows you to manage your team [get sponsorships, new gear, etc.] and get really involved with the whole world.

Brutal Legend - For reasons already named [also, reasonably one of the best soundtracks out there]

The Orange Box - Not for TF2, but Portal and Half Life. Easily, those two games are some of the best I've played on my Xbox. Both have extremely engaging storylines and gameplay.

For the Wii:

Tatsunoko VS Capcom - Reasonably one of the best fighters [besides SSBB, which I assume you have.] for the Wii. It doesn't hurt either throwing in characters like Frank West, from Dead Rising.

Mega Man 9 - Recreating one of the classics of yesterday works perfectly for this game. [also quite a bit of DLC for it as well, considering it's a WiiWare.]

Punch Out - Easily some of the most fun I've ever had on my Wii. The character's are interesting, the mechanic is fun, and the whole thing just meshes well!

I recommend the Orange Box.

I've personally spent about 200 hours total playing it.

And that's not an exaggeration.

800 hours for me ;)

look at my steam profile for proof

800 hours for me ;)

Wow. That is... a lot.

800 / 24 = 29.6296296 days.

You've spent just about a month of your life on The Orange Box.

800 hours for me ;)

Wow. That is... a lot.

800 / 24 = 29.6296296 days.

You've spent just about a month of your life on The Orange Box.

Well, what else would he do?

Considering that everything can be counted as a waste of time, there is no possible way to use that in retaliation.

wow...didnt expect that many replies so fast. what is the new super mario bros for wii i might get that.

Its a sidescroller Mario game laid out like Super Mario Bros. 3, but with different powerups and better graphics.

There are a lot of good games out and I don't know what stuff you play so I'm just gonna break them into genres for you.

Multiplayer shooter: TF2 (Lots of free updates, plenty of content and only $20)

Single player Shooter: Mass Effect 2 (Yeah its also an RPG, but so is bioshock 2 somewhat so that too I guess)

Traditional RPG: Dragon Age (Another bioware title, if you've ever played KOTOR you'd like it)

Coop Shooter: L4D2 or Borderlands (One is more teamwork and the other is more loot)

Something Different: Brutal Legend (is an amazing game you simply must try)

Racing: Burnout blah (Almost any burnout game is good but my favorite is Paradise)

Platformer: Assassins Creed 2 (great game, assassination building climbing, everything)

Old but fun: Can't go wrong with any title in the banjo kazooie line (even though some dislike Nuts and bolts its different but fun)

Wii Section

Mario: New Super mario bros (its good, but its a revamped version of a DS game essentially)

Basics: Mario kart or Brawl (are good places to start if you don't have them already)

Rated M for mature: Both Mad World and No more heroes (are great games on the wii that don't shy away from the more adult stuff)

More Addicting than coke... The drink: Punchout!! (its short but if you've ever played a punchout title before you'll never want to trade it in.)

Personal Vote: I'd hold out for Dead Rising 2 this summer.