Sign in to follow this  
Powered by Chicken

Castle Crashers for PSN Update!

Why do they get volleyball and we on the original xbox live arcade dont?

at least you've got character and picture pack DLC. plus the 360 owners got the game earlier.

I'm honestly kinda sick of reading some of these comments...I mean, we get it, the 360ers want Volleyball, but complaining and saying that you paid for it isn't going to get you anywhere, because odds are, the PS3 users will be paying more. If you get the Volleyball, that's great, if not, too bad, so sad. Enjoy thugging trolls while I still wait for the PS3 versions. *coughs* Thanks for the update Kelly. This is great news. :D

Why would the PS3 people pay more? :oops:

Really, we paid $15 for it, why would Sony (Or whoever) make you'll pay more?

15 dollars seems a far asking price. I doubt you all would have to pay more.

Really, though. If the PS3 version came out first, you know this would all be the same. 'Cept Ps3ers getting angry.

Ignorance seems to be a terrible thing, it's kinda funny how you're judging the whole PS3 community based off of some fanboys you've seen on IGN or Gamespot, because you do know, that if we were to judge all of you as one 360 fanboy, we'd treat you like utter crap. :) Kelly said it, it's still the same game, the PS3 just might get a little more frosting. Just live with it and eat your cake and be happy with it. :)

EDIT: Sorry for the double post!

There's actually some really good reasons why PS3 should be getting exclusive content. Now, I don't mean to knock Castle Crashers or anything; I absolutely love the game. But let's face it, the game has been available on XBLA for a year and a half now. Now that it's going to become available to PS3 owners (by which time, it'll be approaching the 2 year old mark), you expect us to pay full price for 2 year old merchandise? So incentives are given to justify that equal cost. Simple as that.

It's the same for any industry. Cell phones, for instance. Palm Pre is a prime example of early adopters getting "shafted" compared to newer ones. The Pre is on/coming to Verizon, but why should Verizon users be paying the same amount for year-old merchandise (especially in such a quick-evolving market)? Because the new Pre on Verizon can also act as a mobile hot spot (along with other new features that Sprint didn't have).

So is "Volleyball" gonna replace the "All you can Quaff" minigame or is "Volleyball" gonna be an addition?

I didn't want to start a new topic but since i'm on the subject...What does the word "Quaff", have to do with an "Eating Contest" anyway? Because the definitions I found for "Quaff" was to drink (a beverage) heartily and copiously. For example you, "Quaffed from a spring" or "It was so hot today I Quaffed a pitcher of lemon-aid." I don't really get it. What does the name of that minigame mean? Could someone fill me in?

CC looks great btw. Can't wait to play it on my PS3!! HaHa! Keep up the good work Behemoth. I wish y'all the best and I look forward to doing business with ya!

I love this news and so will my friend Kyle, who's been wanting this game since we owned on my Xbox, since he has PS3. This, however is what I'd like to bring up, even if slightly unrelated. The PS3 and X360 both have multiple system-exclusive games. For Xbox they have the Halo series, GoW 1-3, Crackdown, etc. Whereas the PS3 has games like Ratchet & Clank, God of War, Uncharted, etc. Yes the Xbox owners did get this game 1½-2 years before, but that doesn't mean we should continue the system-exclusiveness that has been done in the past and continues with other companies. Now I'm not saying to cut down on the PS3 version at all. In fact, if you want make the volleyball or other new features come with the game itself. But I can at least hope to know that the volleyball will come to us Xbox owners, as well. Not necessarily at the same time or near it, but at a reasonable time. It's not my decision, and I respect that. I will trust the Behemoth will choose the right option(s). Good luck, TB and thanks for the great news!

I love this news and so will my friend Kyle, who's been wanting this game since we owned on my Xbox, since he has PS3. This, however is what I'd like to bring up, even if slightly unrelated. The PS3 and X360 both have multiple system-exclusive games. For Xbox they have the Halo series, GoW 1-3, Crackdown, etc. Whereas the PS3 has games like Ratchet & Clank, God of War, Uncharted, etc. Yes the Xbox owners did get this game 1½-2 years before, but that doesn't mean we should continue the system-exclusiveness that has been done in the past and continues with other companies. Now I'm not saying to cut down on the PS3 version at all. In fact, if you want make the volleyball or other new features come with the game itself. But I can at least hope to know that the volleyball will come to us Xbox owners, as well. Not necessarily at the same time or near it, but at a reasonable time. It's not my decision, and I respect that. I will trust the Behemoth will choose the right option(s). Good luck, TB and thanks for the great news!

You know PS3 owners will be upset if XBox owners get it, too. I mean, for the longest time, PS3 owners were saying how they'd like CC, to which the general XBox user's answer was, "Buy an XBox." Obviously, the PS3 owners are now thinking, "If you want to play CC Volleyball, buy a PS3." Comeuppance and all that. Though, I suppose it would be almost exactly fair if XBox was to get the CC Volleyball update in the same time differential that it takes PS3 to get CC. But ya know, I really don't care. CC Volleyball for everyone!

I didn't want to start a new topic but since i'm on the subject...What does the word "Quaff", have to do with an "Eating Contest" anyway? Because the definitions I found for "Quaff" was to drink (a beverage) heartily and copiously. For example you, "Quaffed from a spring" or "It was so hot today I Quaffed a pitcher of lemon-aid." I don't really get it. What does the name of that minigame mean? Could someone fill me in?

Since quaff isn't exactly in the modern vernacular, I assume it was found via thesaurus. Which, you could say swallow is a synonym for. And you could probably say that eat is a synonym of swallow in that eating is to swallow (food). Just my guess, though.

Really, I can't believe that there are so many of you 360 fanboys who don't want any new content on the PS3 version just because you can't have it. What would you think if I didn't want BattleBlock Theater to even exist just because it's only been announced for the 360?

And for those of you 360 players who think The Behemoth is betraying you just because another system is getting more, check up your Behemoth-related history. Alien Hominid started on the GameCube and PlayStation 2. It later got ports for the GameBoy Advanced and XBox. All versions were the same, except for the GameBoy Advanced version, which was cut down on content a bit for obvious reasons. Now, let's move on to the present. The Behemoth made Castle Crashers, which is currently available on the 360 and the 360 only. Alien Hominid? You can no longer find it new anywhere, unless you get the improved HD version, which is only on the 360. Wii? No. PS3? No. Now, The Behemoth's 3rd game, BattleBlock Theater, is on its way to the 360, with no other console ports announced. Are you guys really going to complain because PS3 gets volleyball on Castle Crashers? Does it mean nothing that the GameCube and the PlayStation 2 were the first consoles to ever get a game by The Behemoth? Were the Nintendo and Sony fans 'betrayed,' or is it 'fair' that the 360 is now the top priority console of The Behemoth?

Wanna know what I think? It doesn't matter. I have the GameCube, PlayStation 2, and XBox 360 versions of Alien Hominid, and you can expect that I'll snatch the Gameboy Advanced version if it ever pops up on EBay. I saved up and bought a 360 just so I could play Castle Crashers. You can also expect that I'll be buying BattleBlock Theater the day it comes out. When Castle Crashers is finally released on the PS3, I'll be buying it for the third time, and I'd love to have something new. So, why are some of you telling me that the PS3 doesn't deserve any new content?

I'm guessing this was intended for me, mainly for my earlier comment. Anyway I was going to read this, but I stoped when I saw you said we didn't want any new contet for the PS3, statement I (or anyone in this thread) never wrote. To simplify what I meant, I'm glad other people can enjoy a game from The Behemoth, and im also very happy The Behemoth will get profit from this.

What bothers me though, is that we are being kept from content of a game I love and want more of. IMO they should of just given the AH character at the end of the spaceship stage, making both game equal, with no console exclusives.

I'm guessing this was intended for me, mainly for my earlier comment. Anyway I was going to read this, but I stoped when I saw you said we didn't want any new contet for the PS3, statement I (or anyone in this thread) never wrote. To simplify what I meant, I'm glad other people can enjoy a game from The Behemoth, and im also very happy The Behemoth will get profit from this.

What bothers me though, is that we are being kept from content of a game I love and want more of. IMO they should of just given the AH character at the end of the spaceship stage, making both game equal, with no console exclusives.

You were part of it, but my message was mostly for the many people who were complaining about the possibility of having anything new for the PS3 in this thread. And, yes, there were enough of them that stated they didn't want any new content. Even though the first paragraph doesn't really apply to you, you might want to read the second one.

From what your post says, I assume the reason you're upset is because you're against having any console exclusives. If this is the case, please refer back to Kelly's post, where she says that, in the ideal world, all of The Behemoth games are available on all consoles. That's something a lot of game companies don't even care about. So, are you really being betrayed? Because I think The Behemoth is actually one of the least-betraying game companies out there.

Also, for anybody who's still upset about this, would you rather have had the consoles switched and have Castle Crashers come out on the 360 a year and a half after coming out on the PS3 just for a volleyball game?

Ummm it's been a long time since I posted but...

I remember when we were all clamoring for a volleyball mini-game... and obviously we were xbox360 folks... and this was like when the game came out "hey this volleyball part of the game is pretty cool and would make a good game mode on it's own." Did we get purposefully shafted?

so why did you decide to make it... but psn exclusive? How "uhhh-doiiiiii" is that? Who do you think was asking for volleyball in the first place!?

Ummm it's been a long time since I posted but...

I remember when we were all clamoring for a volleyball mini-game... and obviously we were xbox360 folks... and this was like when the game came out "hey this volleyball part of the game is pretty cool and would make a good game mode on it's own." Did we get purposefully shafted?

so why did you decide to make it... but psn exclusive? How "uhhh-doiiiiii" is that? Who do you think was asking for volleyball in the first place!?

Where did you read it was an exclusive? For all you know they are planning on releasing it as a DLC. They aren't going to betray anyone. Here how I see this, they had a chance to implement new game feauture and things like that and still reach a new audience and they did. Once they get everything sorted out with the PS3 fans they will go back to add things for the original audience. I'm sure that they are going to do that or something close to that so please for now let's stop arguin over nothing.

for AH, they had all you can eat, and they didnt want to be repetitive.

im not sure if this is true, i dont work for TB, its just my guess.

@ Kelly: why not lock this topic? it's just going to be tons of 360 fanboys yelling at you anyway, not a discussion about volleyball

P.S. The volleyball sounds simply amazing. a question about the magic thing though:

if i was the orange Knight and i shot a fireball at the volleyball, would that transform the volleyball into a super fire volleyball that burns the other team?

Are you guys actually gonna be worried about volleyball? seriously? a minigame?

Seeing as Battleblock theather is right around the corner makes this kind of... silly.

Besides, I'm sure things will change. Both consoles are different, and this time around, they may listen to us, the community, and make it better. Or, at the very least, different.

You know PS3 owners will be upset if XBox owners get it, too. I mean, for the longest time, PS3 owners were saying how they'd like CC, to which the general XBox user's answer was, "Buy an XBox." Obviously, the PS3 owners are now thinking, "If you want to play CC Volleyball, buy a PS3." Comeuppance and all that. Though, I suppose it would be almost exactly fair if XBox was to get the CC Volleyball update in the same time differential that it takes PS3 to get CC. But ya know, I really don't care. CC Volleyball for everyone!

My answer was never to just go buy an Xbox, as that would be quite pointless. The PS3 owners did wait a long time, but they're getting the game now aren't they? Using that logic, the Xbox owners would have to wait 1½ -2 years to get the volleyball, but they will still get it. To me it doesn't really matter know because my Xbox account was deleted and all my memory is gone, so I'm this close to selling my Xbox stuff for a PS3 anyways...

I honestly think some Xbox360 owners are getting kinda greedy.No one even said the volleball game was exclusive.And to be fair even if the volleyball game was exclusive it would still be fair from my point of view.Think about it all you 360 owners got:

Alien hominid and don't forget it's in HD

Castle Crashers 1 year and a half (and counting) BEFORE us ps3 users got it

I don't know how much download content you got for it,but I'm guessing alot

You're gonna have another 360 exclusive NEXT YEAR

Here's what we ps3 owners have from the behemoth:

Castle crashers

We playstation owners also have Alien hominid (on ps2),but not all ps3s can play ps2 games.Why the hell should one volleyball minigame that was anounced for ps3 piss you all off?And to all the 360 that say this volleyball minigame should'nt be exclusive,how come you never said those character download contents that were coming to XBLA shouldn't be exclusive?

Maybe instead new Download Content you need to,I don't know,GROW THE HELL UP!

I just need to say something (if the point isn't clear yet)

1. its just a MINIGAME! its not a extra mission or an extra character, it's just a MINIGAME.

2.no one said it would be exclusive to ps3 and maybe in the near future the behemoth will give us xbox owners the volleyball too! (it least I HOPE so anyway)

Thanks for all the comments everyone! We know its going to be impossible to please 100% of people, all we can do is our best to make fun games!

hahahaha, i argued with the guys endlessly on this one, that according to modern definitions, "quaff" means drink. But one of the meanings of the word that "quaff" derives from also refers to eating. also, "quaff" is a funny word. lol

:arrow:

kelly

hahahaha, i argued with the guys endlessly on this one, that according to modern definitions, "quaff" means drink. But one of the meanings of the word that "quaff" derives from also refers to eating. also, "quaff" is a funny word. lol

yeah and i think the word "glork" is even funnier. :lol:

cool info btw. thanks.

we're considering making new characters to replace some original ones when we release the PS3 version.

New character info TBA?

Since we're on this topic, I'll mention this. Because of how dangerously the word is close to another, I thought for the first time I saw it that it was...

Queef.

Since we're on this topic, I'll mention this. Because of how dangerously the word is close to another, I thought for the first time I saw it that it was...

Queef.

Really..... :?

Back out of the gutter, this looks awesome. The volleyball game in the game is ludicrously fun, to play against friends will be even more awesome!

I wonder if the PS3 version will still have the melee, quickdraw, treasure, & beefy mini-games? I hope so cause they all look fun to me.

I wonder if the PS3 version will still have the melee, quickdraw, treasure, & beefy mini-games? I hope so cause they all look fun to me.

I... think it does. I think I remember playing it at Comic Con.

Really, I can't believe that there are so many of you 360 fanboys who don't want any new content on the PS3 version just because you can't have it. What would you think if I didn't want BattleBlock Theater to even exist just because it's only been announced for the 360?

And for those of you 360 players who think The Behemoth is betraying you just because another system is getting more, check up your Behemoth-related history. Alien Hominid started on the GameCube and PlayStation 2. It later got ports for the GameBoy Advanced and XBox. All versions were the same, except for the GameBoy Advanced version, which was cut down on content a bit for obvious reasons. Now, let's move on to the present. The Behemoth made Castle Crashers, which is currently available on the 360 and the 360 only. Alien Hominid? You can no longer find it new anywhere, unless you get the improved HD version, which is only on the 360. Wii? No. PS3? No. Now, The Behemoth's 3rd game, BattleBlock Theater, is on its way to the 360, with no other console ports announced. Are you guys really going to complain because PS3 gets volleyball on Castle Crashers? Does it mean nothing that the GameCube and the PlayStation 2 were the first consoles to ever get a game by The Behemoth? Were the Nintendo and Sony fans 'betrayed,' or is it 'fair' that the 360 is now the top priority console of The Behemoth?

Wanna know what I think? It doesn't matter. I have the GameCube, PlayStation 2, and XBox 360 versions of Alien Hominid, and you can expect that I'll snatch the Gameboy Advanced version if it ever pops up on EBay. I saved up and bought a 360 just so I could play Castle Crashers. You can also expect that I'll be buying BattleBlock Theater the day it comes out. When Castle Crashers is finally released on the PS3, I'll be buying it for the third time, and I'd love to have something new. So, why are some of you telling me that the PS3 doesn't deserve any new content?

I love how the community get Rage mixed up with Fanboy.

This is what they should of had from the get-go instead of the carpel tunnel-inducing all you can quaff minigame.

Lolz 100% agreed. I like how you said carpel tunnel-inducing. :lol:

For the people complaining: Please stop. We aren't even sure if it's PS3 Exclusive.

In my opinion I don't think they would leave out Xbox 360 on THIS one. Maybe they might make a character PS3 Exclusive that has to do with a PS3 Game. (Like LPB if they can get permission.)

-No one cares if the PS3 DOESN'T have content they want it for everyone.

-Since this post is directed towards 360 users saying that Playstation got Alien Hominid before Xbox is not a good reason.

-If it doesn't matter then why waste time typing this...

-What? do you want to buy it a third time? If they released this for xbox you could save $15.

-A great game is a great game even if its a year and a half old. Just because someone waits longer than someone else for a game doesnt make them more derserving of exclusive content.

-The announcement only says that it's coming to the PS3 ( as of now) Battle block theater is listed as Xbox 360 as of now. For all we know its coming to PS3 and 360.