Sign in to follow this  
Mr.Nature72

In search for a hardcore Anime Animator.

Hey people! WolfHound Studios is in search of an animator!

We need someone capable of handling a unique anime/realism style, and be able to hand many moving people on screen at once. He/She needs to be able to animate fights where the movement speed of characters can reach extreme levels. He/She also needs to be able to stick it out the entire series, wich could take a few years to finish airing.

The goal is to get this show on adult swim. If we succeed, the animator must sign a contract. Of course, if (and ONLY if) we get on Adult Swim, the animator will be paid.

I tried something like this a while back to no avail, allow me to give you a couple pointers:

1.) Who is WolfHound Studios? What have you guys done before? Other than you, who else is in WolfHound Studios? Do you guys have some sort of website?

2.) What style of drawing are you looking for? Anime is not enough information. Is it futuristic, medieval, modern, or some other time period?

3.) What's this about? What is the story? Can you give us a synopsis, or at least a script sample?

4.) Have you finished the script? You shouldn't look for an animator until you've finished the script for at least the first season.

5.) You'll pay only if you get on Adult Swim? That's now how it should work. The animator works for money, not the chance of earning money. If Adult Swim doesn't like your story, and you don't get in, your animator still needs to get paid.

6.) The animator needs to get a contract way before you get signed to a TV station. A long term contract and release form is in order for something like this.

Work on it, and pretty soon you'll find the animator you need. :)

I tried something like this a while back to no avail, allow me to give you a couple pointers:

1.) Who is WolfHound Studios? What have you guys done before? Other than you, who else is in WolfHound Studios? Do you guys have some sort of website?

Me, Savannah, Dale, Heather, Sarah, Matt, Brandon, and Katelyn. We also have a deal with a few musicians, like Hania and Evil-Dog

2.) What style of drawing are you looking for? Anime is not enough information. Is it futuristic, medieval, modern, or some other time period?

Actually, it takes place in two realities: One is just a few years in the future, and the other is a fantasy reality. Very unique, and very well blended

3.) What's this about? What is the story? Can you give us a synopsis, or at least a script sample?

The story is kept a secret due to past experiences.

4.) Have you finished the script? You shouldn't look for an animator until you've finished the script for at least the first season.

Working on a timeline for all the seasons and been working on season one script

5.) You'll pay only if you get on Adult Swim? That's now how it should work. The animator works for money, not the chance of earning money. If Adult Swim doesn't like your story, and you don't get in, your animator still needs to get paid.

Until we get on air, this is a purely volunteer corporation

6.) The animator needs to get a contract way before you get signed to a TV station. A long term contract and release form is in order for something like this.

Yeah, i know. I just wanted to discuss this one-on-one. But now that you said it, yeah, you gotta sign a contract

Me, Savannah, Dale, Heather, Sarah, Matt, Brandon, and Katelyn. We also have a deal with a few musicians, like Hania, Evil-Dog and our newest member Mabelma

Actually, it takes place in two realities: One is just a few years in the future, and the other is a fantasy reality. Very unique, and very well blended

The story is kept a secret due to past experiences.

Working on a timeline for all the seasons and been working on season one script

Until we get on air, this is a purely volunteer corporation

Yeah, i know. I just wanted to discuss this one-on-one. But now that you said it, yeah, you gotta sign a contract

Little edit on the quote and what happened with the animators you told me about? May I suggest you post this on newgrounds?

Ive been looking at a few, but there's always room for competition.

Where looking at the people who did Last of the Dashkin, Fallen Angel Trailer, and Shoo Fly

Where looking at the people who did Last of the Dashkin, Fallen Angel Trailer, and Shoo Fly

I'm not in the company again?

Make up your mind, jeeze.

One thing you need to realize Nature: The anime on Adult Swim is serious business. There are groups of 100+ people working on the shading and coloring, writing, designing, sound, animating, and acting at the companies that license their property to AS. In order to have an anime of that caliber, or even close for that matter required dubious amounts of effort, time, and money spent + promotion + financial management on the entire crew's part.

Also, your animator not only has to be as good as Adam Phillips and those other listed professional animators, but has to be willing to animate for you at the quality you want for a reasonable price.

Now, as the quality of the art and animation increases, your animator will naturally want to be paid more for his/her efforts. Just be warned: Free/volunteer animators tend to do little effort, seeing as they have no motive to do so besides seeing a finished product. And even then, there is no guarantee the show will be aired on TV. It takes an insane amount of effort to get a show on AS. Many have tried but ultimately failed.

Just presenting to you some of the harsh facts that come with aiming this high for a dream, Nature. Baby steps first, as I've learned from showbiz.

What im doing. Where building up, and i have a good bit of people on my team. We can wait years if we have to. I've virtually brest-fed WolfHound Studios to its current state and im determined to parent this thing to its full potential. Already taking appropriate business, animation, camera-work, and scriptwriting classes.