Sign in to follow this  
Babbity_Rabbity

Project Null

Yes, you've all probably heard about it.

Mabelma, Abyssmal Cookie, and I are making a game.

nulllogo.png

^Placeholder Title Design^

We'll be updating this thread with information n' such.

Characters:

TVman:

tvmanidle.png

A mysterious man with a TV for a head. He calls himself the most knowledgeable creature in the temple, but doesn't really seem to know all that much.

(Characters subject to redesign)

(Character by Babbity_Rabbity)

Main Character Placeholder:

templeheroidle.png

This is the guy we're using as the main character for now. He enjoys long walks on the beach, having his tummy rubbed, and Kibbles n' Bits.

(Character subject to redesign)

The Princess:

princessidlenew.png

Apparently hailing from the family that is supposed to rule the underground kingdom, she has gone through the trouble of gathering a small force of Alurians to help take back the throne. No one knows where she got the staff or what the crystal is made of, but it fills them with a sense of dread if they get too close to it.

Environment:

A pillar:

templepillartop.png

templepillarmid2.png

templepillarmid1.png

templepillarbase.png

Enemies:

enemiesrabbity.png

The second, third, and fourth creatures in this image are basic enemies.

(Monsters by Mabelma)

Screenshots:

This is an early screenshot of the "Beta Room," a room where I'm testing the game's mechanics and such.

http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/717/gamepreview1.jpg

Oh blastish me. Since absolutely NOBODY has asked to help yet, can I help? I'm good with humor and coming up with ideas for boss strategies.

mushroomenemyrabbity.png

With or without dots?

Mushroom Enemy? Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments? Ideas for other enemies? I am awful in thinking up ideas so suggest away, keep in mind the game is on a swamp. Also did I accomplish the style Rabbity set?

mushroomenemyrabbity.png

With or without dots?

Mushroom Enemy? Thoughts? Suggestions? Comments? Ideas for other enemies? I am awful in thinking up ideas so suggest away, keep in mind the game is on a swamp. Also did I accomplish the style Rabbity set?

Since the enemies could face either way I tried to only use basic shading on them.

For the mushroom, the only problem I really see is that the border between the stalk and the cap is completely flat, it should be more rounded. Also, it could use a jumping animation for movement.

Oh blastish me. Since absolutely NOBODY has asked to help yet, can I help? I'm good with humor and coming up with ideas for boss strategies.

PM me a sample of each.

To artists that want to help: The game is using a pixelated style, so if you want to help, try to make something that matches Mabelma or mine's style.

mushroomenemyrabbity.png

With or without dots?

Since the enemies could face either way I tried to only use basic shading on them.

For the mushroom, the only problem I really see is that the border between the stalk and the cap is completely flat, it should be more rounded. Also, it could use a jumping animation for movement.

Yeah I was thinking of a jumping animation too, so do you like it? Let me fix at outline and done right? Did I accomplish the style? I pretty much used the same basic as you but added a few highlights here and there. V1 or V2?

Did should be better. Hope you like it.

mushroomenemyrabbity.png

I won't be animating, just yet. It's easier to get all of the ideas down and then start animating. A green color for the mushroom? Could you make up a palette for the mushroom? I'm not very good at them.

I won't be animating, just yet. It's easier to get all of the ideas down and then start animating. A green color for the mushroom? Could you make up a palette for the mushroom? I'm not very good at them.

Yeah, I'll PM you them in a bit.

Awesome, also the website is looking nice. What theme are you using? I need one for my website and I like that one a lot. Also let me the characterdex in flash, it'll be cooler.

Awesome, also the website is looking nice. What theme are you using? I need one for my website and I like that one a lot. Also let me the characterdex in flash, it'll be cooler.

I dunno what theme it is.

I wanted to make my own one but couldn't figure out how.

Also, can you make the characterdex so its intractable? That'd be neat.

What's instractable? Which one did you pick out on the top? Let me change the colors of the mushroom? Let's not worry about the characterdex for now, we do that later.

What's instractable? Which one did you pick out on the top? Let me change the colors of the mushroom? Let's not worry about the characterdex for now, we do that later.

I meant interactable :|

Change the mushroom to dark green or purple.

And I chose the first theme under "Dark Colors"

Awesome then.

How's that map coming along?

I'm making the cliff where the altar is on now.

Its pretty big so it'll take awhile.

If you want you can make some statues for the temple. (Around 100x400 or so)

Na don't worry about it, I'm good. I'm still sketching out a few more enemy ideas. I'll have some 'blob' monsters soon you can tell me if you like them so I can apply detail to them an all that.

enemiesrabbity.png

Another enemy, it's a frog. It's just a blob that makes up the form of the frog but if you like it I can go ahead and apply all the details it will need to make it a frog. Yeah some wards too.

Na don't worry about it, I'm good. I'm still sketching out a few more enemy ideas. I'll have some 'blob' monsters soon you can tell me if you like them so I can apply detail to them an all that.

enemiesrabbity.png

Another enemy, it's a frog. It's just a blob that makes up the form of the frog but if you like it I can go ahead and apply all the details it will need to make it a frog. Yeah some wards too.

Looks good, but make at it a bit bigger, if you can.

Sure, let me go do that. I'll start adding the details it needs.

Comments? Do you like it Rabbity? Did the wards came out good?

enemiesrabbity.png