Sign in to follow this  
Babbity_Rabbity

Project Null

Wow... This is looking great.

I wish I could help... But I fail a pixel art and any sort of programming.

I really wanna see how this turns out.

Awesome rabies, thanks for that image. I will try to make a few different lizardmen variations and see which one you like. Also do you like the new enemie and could you make me a palette for that? Looking forward to the map layout. Also could we have like a level selector like in CC?

Awesome rabies, thanks for that image. I will try to make a few different lizardmen variations and see which one you like. Also do you like the new enemie and could you make me a palette for that? Looking forward to the map layout. Also could we have like a level selector like in CC?

Well, I don't have anything colored like the new enemy is, so you should make one.

Just choose a base color and increase/decrease the RGB values by the same rates I did.

For the level selector, I was planning on something similar, but not exactly. Since its a semi-open world game, if wouldn't have levels, but I'll have a way to fast travel to certain areas.

Anything else you can let me know? Pm me if you want to keep it a secret. Also I made a palette for that enemy could you tell me if you like it?

Nice, lookig forward for the whole thing.

BTW Is T.V man slightly ( heavily) based in LOG?

Actually, he wasn't, but I can see where you're getting that from.

It might've been my subconscious feeding me faint pictures of LOG.

Could you post a few pieces of that LOG?

Haven't been working on TVman yet.

I'm making a few more tiles, then the good tribe. THEN TVman and the other early characters.

Sorry about that, I was talkin to Mosqueton so he could post a few pictures of that LoG character he was talking about.

Sorry about that, I was talkin to Mosqueton so he could post a few pictures of that LoG character he was talking about.

Can't, posting throught my iPhone, Google ir though, he's a main character in Banjo Kazooie : Nuts & Bolts

Here's the last main character I'm gonna share with you guys until later into development:

princessidle.png

The Princess.

Apparently hailing from the family that is supposed to rule the underground kingdom, she has gone through the trouble of gathering a small force of Alurians to help take back the throne. No one knows where she got the staff or what the crystal is made of, but it fills them with a sense of dread if they get too close to it.

ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah :D

love the way u guys are makin the eyes (like the ones in riddle school kinda ) also can i suggest sumpthin ...

i think u should have tv man have emotions (real simple ones ) like two lines and a small smile for happy(=] sorta ) and and two lines and a >=[ for angry and =[ for sand and the rest of the time just the blank screen

example :"you got the lightling boots (flashes = ] for like 4or five secs) "but u cant use the ultil level 5 (flashes >=[ for like 4 or 5 secs)aaaaannndd tv ur mom was captured and u cant save her till level 9000!!! (= [ for 4 or 5 secs )

Here's the last main character I'm gonna share with you guys until later into development:

princessidle.png

The Princess.

Apparently hailing from the family that is supposed to rule the underground kingdom, she has gone through the trouble of gathering a small force of Alurians to help take back the throne. No one knows where she got the staff or what the crystal is made of, but it fills them with a sense of dread if they get too close to it.

Cool. I like the way the staff looks.

Also; is the player one of the Alurians that the princess gathered? Or is the player doing something else?

And are the Princess and Player Alurians themselves?

princessidle.png

The Princess.

Cool. I like the way the staff looks.

Also; is the player one of the Alurians that the princess gathered? Or is the player doing something else?

And are the Princess and Player Alurians themselves?

Alurians are the race of creatures that looks similar to the Princess and the Player, yes.

And you'll find out what the player is doing soon enough. I'm not ready to reveal it yet.

Use more than 2 colors, then your colors will pop out and look nice. ;)

I created a quick remake of mabelma's design to make a point :

Corection.png

Also I created a color charts, look at there RGB values

and look how they go from one color to other ... Read some

color theory and principles on net ...

Hope this will help you guys to improve your artwork and make

your game lookin' even better ... :D

Keep going guys :P

Corection.png

Those look really nice. :)

Although, I'm not sure if we're going to use simple designs or complex ones like that.

And if we're going to use complex designs, I'd recommend using those. :P

I created a quick remake of mabelma's design to make a point :

Corection.png

Also I created a color charts, look at there RGB values

and look how they go from one color to other ... Read some

color theory and principles on net ...

Hope this will help you guys to improve your artwork and make

your game lookin' even better ... :D

Keep going guys :P

They look too shiny.

If we use darker colors, we'll go with more detail.

The monster at the end looks great, though.

PS: The design for the first guy on the chart is mine, not Mabelma's.

After messing around with some colors and such, I came up with this:

templeheroidle.png

(The one on the left is new, the old version is on the right)

I used Mercury's colors, but didn't make the shading as vivid. They are in a cave, after all.

I didn't want him to look too plasticy (Which Mercury's did look like, a bit. His shading fits the mushroom and weird purple enemy, though), since he's covered in fur.

What do you guys think?

After messing around with some colors and such, I came up with this:

templeheroidle.png

(The one on the left is new, the old version is on the right)

I used Mercury's colors, but didn't make the shading as vivid. They are in a cave, after all.

I didn't want him to look too plasticy (Which Mercury's did look like, a bit. His shading fits the mushroom and weird purple enemy, though), since he's covered in fur.

What do you guys think?

I think it looks much better. :)

It seems to add a bit more dimension, and make details more vivid.

Are you going to do the same to the princess and TV man?

I think it looks much better. :)

It seems to add a bit more dimension, and make details more vivid.

Are you going to do the same to the princess and TV man?

Thanks, and yes.

Also, I need suggestions of what to update the site with.

Also, I need suggestions of what to update the site with.

Maybe updating the main character's picture, adding the princess, and maybe adding a background picture that relates to Project Null.

And when you redesign the other characters, update their pictures on the website.

And maybe you could have a section showing the "evolution" of the character designs. :)