Roy-G-Biv

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Who will come out on top?!  

1. 1. Who will come out on top?!

• ULTIMATE
    • MARVEL
    • VS
    • CAPCOM

wouldn't that have beem cool to have Venom as a completeley hidden character that is only found in extremely rare offline matches?

That would be pretty cool. Like in SSB, that warning screen before you fight an unlock able character was awesome!

I have the strategy guide which lists bread n butter combos for every character. I'll be happy to paste them here if you want a specific character. :)

MvC3 Fan-Art, yo (shameless dA plug)

182086_10150109253123979_636283978_6285501_6188410_n.jpg

I've spent too much time on this. I actually started it before the game was released

Kinda' forgot about it for a while and never bothered going back to it. Still needs improvement and colour

In other news, still loving the game itself. Haven't played online yet, though; my connection sucks

Love the cinematics. Though I really hate the idea of bullets doing the same damage as health. I know its the only way, but it bothers me so much.

Hit by grenade, little bit of health taken away. ):

Love the cinematics. Though I really hate the idea of bullets doing the same damage as health. I know its the only way, but it bothers me so much.

Hit by grenade, little bit of health taken away. ):

Zoning is a large part of Marvel vs. games. To compensate for projectile keepaway, each character has super jumps, wave dashes, and in some cases, air dashes. If you feel pressured by the opponent's beams and bullets, record those attacks in training mode and experiment with ways to get around it. You might think this is crazy but try using assists to take some of the hits while you close the distance. It's better than eating Deadpool's Trigger-happy M xx Happy-happy trigger from full screen.

Ohoho.

Online Phoenix Spammers, they always try to save 5 levels for Phoenix.

It's always fun to throw a hadouken to kill the Phoenix, then immediately go to SGS, then destroy the phoenix as soon as it grabs.

It's actually shown here. (not mine btw. I didn't see this video until later.)

Phoenix can go down in ONE Hadoken? OMG that is funny.

Anyway, I've been playing online with Random/Wesker/Taskmaster and I always suck until only Taskmaster is left and then I kill the whole other team. Also, anyone else think Dante is EXTREMELY cheap?

Anyone else think Dante is EXTREMELY cheap?
A little, but not to the extent he is impossible to beat

Then again, I still haven't had a good enough connection to play online yet. If I try on my current connection, I'm pretty sure I'll end up disconnecting mid-game

So I don't really have any experience playing against Dante users

Also, anyone else think Dante is EXTREMELY cheap?

The only reason why most people can't beat him is his versatility.

I mean yeah, he has 40+ moves, but there's no different variations of the same specials moves.

And most people won't keep up with all of his moves and relegate Dante to certain moves.

Unlike say other characters, like Phoenix and Akuma who is meant for full offence, Dante can be used for a good amount of tasks.

The reason (I think) he is cheap is that he can technically infinite me depending on the health of my character. Some of his moves are multi-hitters that last awhile and when he is done he goes into another :P

I can only beat him with Tasky

The reason (I think) he is cheap is that he can technically infinite me depending on the health of my character. Some of his moves are multi-hitters that last awhile and when he is done he goes into another :P

I can only beat him with Tasky

Yup.

Too bad they took out the Mega Crash from TvC, although I can understand why they removed it.

Tried to beat the Hardest mode in the game, I only made it to stage 3. :(

Also, if you lose to Galactus and let the timer run out you get his ending. And do you think that when the shadow mode DLC is released that the Capcom staff will have their own moves and specialties, or they will steal people like Ryus abilities? :?

Also, if you lose to Galactus and let the timer run out you get his ending. And do you think that when the shadow mode DLC is released that the Capcom staff will have their own moves and specialties, or they will steal people like Ryus abilities? :?

Umm.... What? They aren't adding the team as characters, just AI that plays similar to the team with certain characters.... Hoping for Shadow Mode II featuring Yipes's MSS :D

Umm.... What? They aren't adding the team as characters, just AI that plays similar to the team with certain characters.... Hoping for Shadow Mode II featuring Yipes's MSS :D

Instead of making it just the staff team of MvC3, why not add an entire "Ghost" mode, so to speak?

Like AI's created to mimic certain players.

Like an AI that develops its playing style after the player itself.

Similar to Tekken 5 DR and 6.

Instead of making it just the staff team of MvC3, why not add an entire "Ghost" mode, so to speak?

Like AI's created to mimic certain players.

Like an AI that develops its playing style after the player itself.

Similar to Tekken 5 DR and 6.

I am Mister Hatty and I approve this message :)

I predict a total of 4 DLC pairs...

Jill/Shuma

Megaman/Juggernaut

Frank West/Doc Oc

Phoenix Wright/Daredevil (Or Iceman)

I predict a total of 4 DLC pairs...

Jill/Shuma

Megaman/Juggernaut

Frank West/Doc Oc

Phoenix Wright/Daredevil (Or Iceman)

Apparently Elektra was supposed to be making an appearance in this game sometime, rumored to be released in a free update with Frank?

Yesterday was the Winter Brawl tournament in Philly and we managed to peak at about 12,000 viewers in the live stream :shock:. I'm proud to say that a team without Sentinel won the first MVC3 major! Also on hand was Yipes doing commentary for winners and losers finals (hilarious as always).

(Skip to 1:01:50) (NSFW)

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky/b/280567842

Team Spooky is doing a wonderful job of streaming these events! Final Round XIV is coming up next in Atlanta, Georgia, so GET HYPE!!!

One more thing:

http://www.brokentier.com/collections/i ... collection

:lol: Yipes be getting that cash

I started playing it today. It's pretty cool, but it's just so different. It's going to take me time to get over how different it is from MvC2, a game I know and love. I mean, it's similar in many ways, but I'm still not used to it. The graphics look better, but I don't care about that. I actually prefer the sprites and massive roster. I'd prefer an extension on that than what I got in this game.

I actually prefer the sprites and massive roster. I'd prefer an extension on that than what I got in this game.

The thing is that most of the characters had sprites from their earlier appearances in the games, so Capcom decided to recycle most of the sprites.

Ranging from Street Fighter Alpha to X-Men CoTA to Darkstalkers to the Vs Series.

Hint: A good amount of Street Fighters and X-Men were in the game due to them having sprites.

The thing is that most of the characters had sprites from their earlier appearances in the games, so Capcom decided to recycle most of the sprites.

Ranging from Street Fighter Alpha to X-Men CoTA to Darkstalkers to the Vs Series.

Hint: A good amount of Street Fighters and X-Men were in the game due to them having sprites.

Yep, I figure that since Capcom's license to make Marvel games was goind to expire, they would just pile a whole new game with every character they worked on in a previous Vs. game, without much balancing :P. What came out was a great game entirely on it's own.

Dexide, if you haven't discovered it yet, this game is extremely lenient with extended combos. Like if you were away from your Xbox and just started picturing a combo to pull off for say X-23, more than likely, it would work in the game. I think this is the reason that I spend the most time in training mode. It's so fun to try different combination w/ assists. Mission Mode doesn't do these freestyle combos justice. Try experimenting more and you'll adapt. :)

Dexide, if you haven't discovered it yet, this game is extremely lenient with extended combos. Like if you were away from your Xbox and just started picturing a combo to pull off for say X-23, more than likely, it would work in the game. I think this is the reason that I spend the most time in training mode. It's so fun to try different combination w/ assists. Mission Mode doesn't do these freestyle combos justice. Try experimenting more and you'll adapt. :)

I've gotten used to it, and like the game a lot more. I would have loved 50+ characters again, but there's no point in whining about that. It didn't happen. I never really had any problem playing the actual game. I, unlike most people, found it pretty easy to get into. I didn't really use training or anything, just jumped into the arcade mode and played.

My team for Capcom:

Wesker

Dante

Ryu (for now, still working on filling this spot)

My team for Mahhvel:

Spiderman

Woverine

Captain America

For some reason, I don't like mixing the companies. Just an odd habit I noticed I have.

For some reason, I don't like mixing the companies. Just an odd habit I noticed I have.

Yeah.

It's understandable.

But some of the better teams are a mix of Marvel and Capcom.

(marvel no longer wins this match.)

I remember when how all Capcom characters were obsolete besides Strider in MvC2. I SUCKED at that game, but I'm pretty good @ 3. ANyone wanna play? I might not use my mic though, because I feel akward since I am one of the youngest people on these forums (I think. I know I'm older than Isco, but I'm younger than Sparecoco or m33pers or whatever his name is).

EDIT: BTW, anyone remember when Jill/Shuma comes out?

EDIT: BTW, anyone remember when Jill/Shuma comes out?
Uhhhh. No idea. March...sometime? xD

First DLC is out today though; new costumes

Was thinking of getting it. I have 2100 points with nothing to spend them on. Its funny, I find myself using Ryu, Captain America and Dante a fair bit, so this DLC should be good value for me

Alright, now that I own the game I have six great characters I am loving:

Zero

X-23

Deadpool

Amaterasu

Iron man

Dr. Doom