• CAPCOM

Alright, now that I own the game I have six great characters I am loving:

Zero

X-23

Deadpool

Amaterasu

Iron man

Dr. Doom

How can you own this game and not love Taskmaster, Deadpool, and Kl'rt?

Alright, now that I own the game I have six great characters I am loving:

Zero

X-23

Deadpool

Amaterasu

Iron man

Dr. Doom

How can you own this game and not love Taskmaster, Deadpool, and Kl'rt?

I have Deadpool on the list, and Taskmaster is boring in my opinion. As for "Kl'rt", I have no idea what you mean by that.

Somewhat off-topic: M.O.D.O.K. has got to be one of the dumbest characters of all time. Everything about him is just plain awful in my opinion.

Somewhat off-topic: M.O.D.O.K. has got to be one of the dumbest characters of all time. Everything about him is just plain awful in my opinion.
I totally agree. I can't stand his character design in general, and then his fighting style just seems a little too...boring?

I dunno'

there's just something about him I don't like

I totally agree. I can't stand his character design in general, and then his fighting style just seems a little too...boring?

I dunno'

there's just something about him I don't like

I don't think he is boring whatsoever. He has the biggest attack management system in the game (9 levels of understanding!) and his zoning game is by far the most technical of any character in the game.. He's not as good up close but that's why he needs attacks like balloon bombs, and analyze cubes + his overheads to catch you off-guard. He is most effective after pressuring you into the corner, because his special moves then easily cause ground bounce into cool extended combos. His barrier assist is also amazing for other characters because they allow you you to do certain combos that would otherwise be corner-only from mid-screen after crossing-up the opponent.

I don't think he is boring whatsoever. He has the biggest attack management system in the game (9 levels of understanding!) and his zoning game is by far the most technical of any character in the game.. He's not as good up close but that's why he needs attacks like balloon bombs, and analyze cubes + his overheads to catch you off-guard. He is most effective after pressuring you into the corner, because his special moves then easily cause ground bounce into cool extended combos. His barrier assist is also amazing for other characters because they allow you you to do certain combos that would otherwise be corner-only from mid-screen after crossing-up the opponent.
Yeah, boring wasn't the word I was after

Time-consuming to master, is what I meant to say (but after 2 days of partying, I was so tired. Best part about my weekend was playing the MvC3 drinking game ;) )

But seriously, he really is one of those characters that most people will overlook. Yet in the right hands he can be pretty strong. Its just practising enough to get up to that stage I find too time-consuming. I'll bet you can pull off so many different combos encorporating all of his abilities, too

But seriously, he really is one of those characters that most people will overlook. Yet in the right hands he can be pretty strong. Its just practising enough to get up to that stage I find too time-consuming. I'll bet you can pull off so many different combos encorporating all of his abilities, too
Oh totally. Because MODOK's combos are mostly juggles and wall bounces, the timing for each button press is a bit more delayed than other characters. It's all just muscle memory in the end though. I think the real challenge to him is incorporating micro-management to his zoning game with analyze cubes/ballon bombs/barriers/etc. all on the screen at once.

On another note, here is a fun little glitch video you guys can do with Spencer:

Desk is awesome.

Dark Pheonix Comic

In other news, I'm actually glad I bought the first costume pack. Sure it was a rip-off, but totally worth it to see Dante transform...

into Sparda's demon form :o:o:o

I'm not even a regular player of Dante in Marvel Vs Capcom 3, but as a long-time fan of Devil May Cry, this was pretty awe-inspiring :)

Haven't been on in awhile...... anywho, by Kl'rt I meant Super-Skrull, because also that is his real name (Plus, pressing taunt says his name, and most of his finishing dialogue is explaining that he is "Kl'rt! The Super-Skrull!"

ANYONE WANNA PLAY ONLINE!? (And Please, when does Jill/Shuma come out!?)

Haven't been on in awhile...... anywho, by Kl'rt I meant Super-Skrull, because also that is his real name (Plus, pressing taunt says his name, and most of his finishing dialogue is explaining that he is "Kl'rt! The Super-Skrull!"

ANYONE WANNA PLAY ONLINE!? (And Please, when does Jill/Shuma come out!?)

The 18th, I think. And my gamertag is AFR0 N1NJ4 X, so go for it.

My Special Edition copy says March 15th ;)

Mah tag is Coolsword123 hit me up whenever.

Final Round tourney is going on this weekend in Atlanta, Georgia

Live Stream here:

http://www.justin.tv/teamsp00ky/

IF YOU HAVE NOT SEEN HIGH LEVEL TOURNAMENT PLAY FOR MVC3 OR FIGHTING GAMES IN GENERAL I HIGHLY RECOMMEND WATCHING!!

Trust me, you will gain some knowledge by studying gameplay footage. Don't shrug this off because you are watching other people playing this game. These players have traveled around the US, competing for the thrill and love of the game (and cash :lol:), so what they do is surround themselves with others and increase their skill.

Remember, it's not just about practicing hard to get good at the game, it's also practicing smart.

My DLC Impressions:

Jill- Plays good keep-away. I thought the level1 hyper was awful, but I figured out how to use it and it can get about 32 hits if you do it right.

Shuma- Really good for jumping around the screen. Level 3 Hyper is quite a dissapointment, however.

Anyway, I'll add ya'll later.... if I remember...

Shuma- Really good for jumping around the screen. Level 3 Hyper is quite a dissapointment, however.

Really? From this video it looked pretty useful, being able to use it when you want and such.

Really? From this video it looked pretty useful, being able to use it when you want and such.

Sure does look useful

Is Jill any good as a character? I still have a mass of MS points I have left. Might wait for future DLC, though

Is Jill any good as a character? I still have a mass of MS points I have left. Might wait for future DLC, though

She is a very execution heavy character like C. Viper, so if that is your cup of tea then I say go for it. Her arrow kick assist is one of the few that causes wallbounce, so it is an easy way to set up some of the more difficult combos for your other characters. She also has crazy potential for mix ups with her level 3 + Xfactor. Like she is so fast that a Sentinel player would be too scared to push buttons.

Speaking of Sentinel... (NSFW)

I downloaded Shuma-Gorath (thanks you, Haley) and don't really plan on going for Jill. I'm really liking Shuma-Gorath, although he seems to be a bit cheap.

On a Jill-related note: When she wins I find myself hating the artist of her victory sequence. She looks so stupid (in my opinion) when she has that "serious" smirk on her face. Not nearly as dumb as M.O.D.O.K., mind you, but that's because that's probably impossible.

If anyone is getting tired of being pressured or chipped by Ammy's shuffle hyper (I know I am), here is a video that covers ways around that:

I've yet to face anyone online who uses Amaterasu. I just see Wolverine, Dante, Wesker, Ryu, Iron Man, and Deadpool.

I've yet to face anyone online who uses Amaterasu. I just see Wolverine, Dante, Wesker, Ryu, Iron Man, and Deadpool.
Yes. I was up against some guy yesterday playing Wolverine, Ryu & Dante (how original, guise), and I swear the only move he knew how to pull off was Wolverine's Drill Claw

Man, he was irritating

It also annoys me when people play the same team over and over, using the same tactic for a string of cheap wins. I thought Player Matches were about fun, not beating the crap out of the other person relentlessly, using the same characters and moves over and over

How are you supposed to learn anything that way? :|

Yes. I was up against some guy yesterday playing Wolverine, Ryu & Dante (how original, guise), and I swear the only move he knew how to pull off was Wolverine's Drill Claw

Man, he was irritating

It also annoys me when people play the same team over and over, using the same tactic for a string of cheap wins. I thought Player Matches were about fun, not beating the crap out of the other person relentlessly, using the same characters and moves over and over

How are you supposed to learn anything that way? :|

You aren't. Apparently the name of the game is spam like you're possessed so you can win and piss off the people who try to actually play the game.

Apparently the name of the game is spam like you're possessed so you can win and piss off the people who try to actually play the game.
Guess I'd better go and switch to the Simple control layout then :|
Join Player Match Lobby

----------

Select half-decent team of characters I enjoy playing

----------

"Start match!!!"

----------

"DRILL CLAW, DRILL CLAW, DRILL CLAW, DRILL CLAW, DRI- DRILL CLAW, DRILL CLAW!" x9000

----------

"You Lose!!!"

15.gif

This kid by the GT of something (I think it was Justin) Flamingo went up against me twice. All he did was use Sentinel, Deadpool, and Amaterasu. When he was Deadpool he spamming the rapid fire attack, with Sentinel he spammed the lazer blast, with Amaterasu he spammed the super fast B attack. The first time I had one hit left on the douchebag, but the second time I could barely even make my way to him. They need to make the game lock your controls in a way that stops you from using something more than twice in a row.

This kid by the GT of something (I think it was Justin) Flamingo went up against me twice. All he did was use Sentinel, Deadpool, and Amaterasu. When he was Deadpool he spamming the rapid fire attack, with Sentinel he spammed the lazer blast, with Amaterasu he spammed the super fast B attack. The first time I had one hit left on the douchebag, but the second time I could barely even make my way to him. They need to make the game lock your controls in a way that stops you from using something more than twice in a row.
If it were just Ranked Matches people used this sort of tactic in, I wouldn't care, but people spam like crazy in Player Matches, too. Ranked Matches tend to be more intense, and your record stays with you forever (so I could understand why people spam as they do). However Player Matches are supposed to be less-intense, fun-driven battles between two people looking to improve their skills/settle their differences

Player Match results don't even count toward your Ranked record, and just get added to your normal record anyway. If these people want to get their wins up so badly why don't they just sit in Easy Arcade Mode and spam instead? :?

If it were just Ranked Matches people used this sort of tactic in, I wouldn't care, but people spam like crazy in Player Matches, too. Ranked Matches tend to be more intense, and your record stays with you forever (so I could understand why people spam as they do). However Player Matches are supposed to be less-intense, fun-driven battles between two people looking to improve their skills/settle their differences

Player Match results don't even count toward your Ranked record, and just get added to your normal record anyway. If these people want to get their wins up so badly why don't they just sit in Easy Arcade Mode and spam instead? :?

I don't know, but if I come across FlamingoJustin again... :evil:

Sorry guys but I just can't agree that using beams, projectiles is unfair. It's called zoning. People were doing it since MVC2. You lost because you didn't know how counter it. It may seem unfair. But entire characters are designed around this play style.

Back in the SF2 turbo arcade days, people said throwing was cheap. Yes, throwing. You would be outright banned from tournaments for throwing a character.

I've been saying this before, but it is really easy for you to jump into training mode, record Deadpool's trigger happy, Sentinels spit, etc. and find ways to get past it. I play She-hulk as a part of my team so there is almost no way for me to close in zoners. What do I do? I pick a projectile assist that covers my offense.

I've been mad at stuff in fighting games before MVC3. You may not like all tactics that people use in fighting games. I get that. But you can lessen that tactic by learning how to fight it. That's why bnb combos exist. You use the best playstyle that requires minimal effort. This is also why people keep picking Sentinel. His most damaging combo isn't his hardest.

Just know that in a match with two highly skilled players, you would get destroyed if you kept using that same tactic.

Take losses like a learning experience. It will happen a lot regardless. You might as well find something positive about it rather than negative.

The first step in becoming a top player is the realization that playing to win means doing whatever most increases your chances of winning.

-David Sirlin, Playing to Win

No no, what I mean by spamming is they literally sit all the way off to the side and use nothing but the same projectile that knocks you back and my characters cannot air dash to them fast enough to avoid them. I could stoop to their level and just quarter-circle Y nonstop, but I bought the game hoping to actually play it and not just repeat the same thing over and over.