Roy-G-Biv

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3

Who will come out on top?!  

1. 1. Who will come out on top?!

• ULTIMATE
    • MARVEL
    • VS
    • CAPCOM

No no, what I mean by spamming is they literally sit all the way off to the side and use nothing but the same projectile that knocks you back and my characters cannot air dash to them fast enough to avoid them. I could stoop to their level and just quarter-circle Y nonstop, but I bought the game hoping to actually play it and not just repeat the same thing over and over.
Read my post again. That is in fact zoning (although a poorly executed type at that). Crazy right?

Like I said, go to training mode dude.

It isn't completely instant either. I'm looking at the strategy guide right now. It says that Deadpool's Trigger-happy has -14 frame advantage on block. If he could keep spamming it over and over again, It would have about +10 or more. Just super jump right after you block one. It will work I promise. You can also dash in between guns. He cancels into full-screen hyper while your dashing? Hold up-back to cancel your dash into a jump while blocking.

Don't push buttons while you are trying to close in. Just play more patiently.

Here's a good routine. Every time you play MVC3, go straight into training mode for your team. Experiment with different combos, assists, offensive options defensive ones, anything. I guarantee you that you will find something you never knew before.

Wanna know what I learned today in training mode?

-A good reset that She-hulk can perform with Taskmaster's Legion arrow assist.

-Taskmaster can do forward throw into hyper using Joe's bomb assist

-Instant Air Joe by wave dashing twice into Up+attack.

After you feel confident in your practice session, go to Arcade mode, pick hard (I don't really like how the very hard cpu plays) and turn on fight request.

Wallah, this is what I do. Do I get salty after being close to perfected by an Akuma/Sentinel/whatever player? Sure. Did I or anyone who plays this game have had enough experience fighting this team? Probably not. We are still just a little over one month of playing this game.

Maybe the SF2 example wasn't the best. In the early years after MVC2 came out, people were complaining that Iceman was the best character because his ice beam did so much chip on block. Guess where he is on the tier lists now? Middle. Anyone noticing a pattern here?

Like I said, it sucks that a play style like this exists. But there are ways around it. It's this hopeless mentality some players have that is preventing fighting games from growing in popularity.

Sorry guys but I just can't agree that using beams, projectiles is unfair. It's called zoning. People were doing it since MVC2. You lost because you didn't know how counter it. It may seem unfair. But entire characters are designed around this play style.
Projectile spam/Zoning doesn't annoy me too much. I can counter this tactic reasonably well using most characters, most of the time

My argument wasn't against those who do projectile spam, it was just against that one guy who wouldn't let up on Wolverine's Drill Claw, and how people pulling off moves like that over and over should play Ranked as opposed to Player Matches if their only goal is to win, at all costs

Of course, that still means I need to practice countering this attack, but you see what I'm getting at, right?

Sorry guys but I just can't agree that using beams, projectiles is unfair. It's called zoning. People were doing it since MVC2. You lost because you didn't know how counter it. It may seem unfair. But entire characters are designed around this play style.
Projectile spam/Zoning doesn't annoy me too much. I can counter this tactic reasonably well using most characters, most of the time

My argument wasn't against those who do projectile spam, it was just against that one guy who wouldn't let up on Wolverine's Drill Claw, and how people pulling off moves like that over and over should play Ranked as opposed to Player Matches if their only goal is to win, at all costs

Of course, that still means I need to practice countering this attack, but you see what I'm getting at, right?

Yeah I get that. Player matches should have like a casual environment, where people can try stuff with their characters on each other.

In any case, a patch came out today that nerfed Sentinel's health to about 900k. It's kind of bittersweet tbh. Now Capcom can go about heavily nerfing things people find unfair in the blink of an eye. Sentinel did need some adjustments though.

Yeah I get that. Player matches should have like a casual environment, where people can try stuff with their characters on each other.

In any case, a patch came out today that nerfed Sentinel's health to about 900k. It's kind of bittersweet tbh. Now Capcom can go about heavily nerfing things people find unfair in the blink of an eye. Sentinel did need some adjustments though.

I personally thought Sentinel was fine.... I know this sounds stupid since I was complaining for so long about his inclusion in the game, but he seemed perfectly balanced on release (then again I don't use him too much and he is barely used online so I haven't seen any ultra cheap moves).

In case anyone hasn't seen this by now:

Poor Marn...

I love that.

I also won my first online game using i think Chun li, Crimson Viper, and Dante.

Are the in-game achievements still obtainable with Events active?
Que?

What events?

These ones?

Well, I was specifically referring to the ones that have an effect on the Arcade mode

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3?!

Bah. I can't believe they're already working on a new one...Something tells me they could just update MvC3. Its SFIV all over again

Still, looks like Strider made the roster this time around :)

Worth the double post, imo

Bah. I can't believe they're already working on a new one...Something tells me they could just update MvC3. Its SFIV all over again
It has been stated by Niitsuma-san that adding features to Vanilla MVC3 was difficult due to the infrastructure of the game.
Ryota: "We threw in all the elements including ranking match, free match, rankings and the lobby, but we couldn't add in a spectator mode.

4Gamer: "Was it because of technical issues?"

Ryota: "That's correct. This title is a 3-on-3 and the game speed is very fast, so the volume of communication data is larger than in SSF4. Even if we added in all those kinds of systems, they'd be no good if the matches were full of lags.

4gamer: "Looking at it from the outside, we'd assume that throwing in the mode would have been easy since you guys have already done that in SSF4, but it's apparently not."

Ryota: "No. But I thought so in the beginning too (laughs)."

By making UMVC3 a disc release, they can start from a clean slate when tweaking the game. This means they can add spectator mode and other features that are near-impossible through DLC.

This goes without saying, but I hope Capcom does a great job at balancing new and old characters alike. I'm loving the new special moves they are giving to everyone from watching the trailer!

AND YEEEEEEEES!!! GHOST RIDER!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!

Strider man!

He has returned!

And Firebrand or the Red Arremer is cool. I actually beat Ghosts and Goblins.

And Phoenix Wright (in a leaked roster list.)

It has been stated by Niitsuma-san that adding features to Vanilla MVC3 was difficult due to the infrastructure of the game.

tumblr_ley1bjfDcP1qfaih8o1_400.jpg

I just don't want to be paying for a new disk every year, that just has a few more modes and characters, that I'll have to pay full price for. But with UMvC3 being so great and all, I doubt that's going to happen anyway :lol:

I just don't want to be paying for a new disk every year, that just has a few more modes and characters, that I'll have to pay full price for. But with UMvC3 being so great and all, I doubt that's going to happen anyway :lol:

I don't think it's fair for Capcom to make a disc-only update either when it hasn't even been a year. I bought the SE edition which IIRC can't be traded in. So that's a non-option for me. But Capcom (hopefully) wanted to keep the future of this game in good health, so the best option was to reconfigure the game to allow seamless DLC integration. Spectator mode was something that should have been implemented in the first place. A lot of MVC2 tourney vets disliked some of the game mechanics that made it in to MVC3, especially X-factor's properties. If Capcom makes a major overhaul to how the game plays, it will attract both hardcore and casual players alike.

EDIT:

A live stream of the game is on right now!

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/unity-events

I'm sorry but that character select screen is so boss. :o

Glad I went out and paid $60 for a game that would be updated and re-released in less than a year later... Ugh...

Glad I went out and paid $60 for a game that would be updated and re-released in less than a year later... Ugh...

"Hey let's cut new games and update old games!" - Capcom

I can almost imagine this dialogue in my head.

The thing is, it's not an entirely new game. It's an updated version of an already-released game.

The thing is, it's not an entirely new game. It's an updated version of an already-released game.

True. But no one should be surprised considering Capcom has made full retail revisions to their fighting game franchises since the Super Nintendo days. Of course back then there were no updates to correct bug issues and instate game balance.

It isn't as if Capcom doesn't want to push reasonable value in their content, however. Look at SSF4:AE. It is both available as a $15 download to cater to fans who owned the previous installment, and a full disc release to allow any newcomer to pick it up and start playing right away. A large part of why these formats are priced different is to compensate for manufacturing and shipping costs of the retail release.

Now what about Vanilla SF4? Surely the owners of the original $60 title should not have been wrongly exempt from the same DLC offering as those who purchased SSF4, right? Well interestingly enough, SF4 was plagued with the same problem MVC3 currently has:

This is not a downloadable add-on for Street Fighter IV. You may be wondering, as we did, why Capcom didn't simply release Super Street Fighter IV's additions as downloadable content in the same way that Fallout and Grand Theft Auto IV received massive updates by way of DLC. However, Capcom has decided that the new game will come on a separate disc. Ono explained that when Street Fighter IV was originally being developed, certain aspects of the game code weren't laid out in such a way as to support the features that are being added in Super Street Fighter IV.

http://tgs.gamespot.com/story/6230625/s ... ot;thumb;1

I'm not trying to completely defend Capcom. Just consider the limitations that were put on by their game developer's resources. The Xbox has some petty RAM IIRC. This was the reason why Human Torch was scrapped (his flames chugged up too much from the game in a normal match).

Hopefully Gamestop will offer some trade in bonus of the original MVC3 on top of the $40 price point.

On a lighter note, Ryu can now charge his Hadoukens which features the same properties as gunshot projectiles (hits instantly from fullscreen). He can also charge his Shoryuken special to which he exclaims "HADO-SHORYUKEN!!" upon release.

Yes, he says that. Yes, it is indeed as silly as it sounds.

VERGIL MADE THE ROSTER?!

icameepicallyplz.png?1

That almost makes cancelling Megaman Legends 3 worth it...

VERGIL MADE THE ROSTER?!

icameepicallyplz.png?1

That almost makes cancelling Megaman Legends 3 worth it...

Vergil and Strider is most definitely going to be overused.

Along with Dante, Deadpool, and Sentinel.

And here's to hoping Capcom adds a survival mode.

I would've loved to see Tyrant from Resident Evil.

Still I'm very pissed that there's not TRUE incarnation of Megaman.

EDIT:

80740040.png

I'd still like to see a boss that's not from the Marvel or Capcom side. Something really original, like Abyss. Also Mr. Hatty, there's another chance Frank will be in this version.

And how much you think Gamestop will give me for my already bought MvC3? :? I tried to sell Virtua Fighter 5 once, but that was only worth two dollars.

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel_vs. ... characters