Who will come out on top?!  

1. 1. Who will come out on top?!

• ULTIMATE
    • MARVEL
    • VS
    • CAPCOM

EDIT:

80740040.png

Cyber Akuma was actually mentioned by a few people in the MvC3 character request thread over at Capcom Unity

I remember becuase I had no idea that such a character existed 'till I saw someone post him

You guys should've seen the stupid-a** grin on my face when I looked at the new character roster.

FAAAAAAAAANTASTIC!

20_char2t.jpg

On a side note, I'm sure you all will find this interesting

• Gene from God Hand was in very close consideration for UMvC3's roster. They had more characters in the final pool than they could put in the game, and Gene happened to be in that category. Mega Man was in the final pool of characters too.

• Capcom is not prepared to talk about DLC for UMvC3 right now. Sven said DLC is a part of their business, but that doesn't mean character DLC has to be.

• Svensson said Mega Man is absolutely not dead and continues to be a very important brand for them.

• The net code in UMvC3 is its own thing, it's a different beast than anything Capcom has used in their other games.

• Gene from God Hand was in very close consideration for UMvC3's roster. They had more characters in the final pool than they could put in the game, and Gene happened to be in that category. Mega Man was in the final pool of characters too.

Never played God Hand, so I have nothing to say about Gene, but Mega Man not being in... He's a classic. Even Arthur got in, why not Mega Man?

• Capcom is not prepared to talk about DLC for UMvC3 right now. Sven said DLC is a part of their business, but that doesn't mean character DLC has to be.

Guaranteed: Costumes. TBH The only Capcom Game to have DLC characters was in fact, MvC3 with Jill and Shuma Gorath.

• Svensson said Mega Man is absolutely not dead and continues to be a very important brand for them.

So what's the future of Mega Man? ZX3? Legends 3? A transition from the Classic to the X series or from the X to Zero series?

• The net code in UMvC3 is its own thing, it's a different beast than anything Capcom has used in their other games.

Here's to hoping they take that in the right direction.

My thoughts on the new roster

Doctor Strange

Makes sense, he's a pretty smart choice seeing as he was heavily requested by fans. The only thing is that his costume is relevant any more, but if we were going with relevancy then Hulk would be smart right now :P

Firebrand

It's nice of Capcom to throw in some oddballs, but I don't think Firebrand is really an appealing character, despite looking like he can tear it up in battle

Frank West

FAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC! Bonus points for using the Dead Rising 1 version of Frank and not the Dead Rising 2 Frank. Just get his moveset right and he should be good to go.

Ghost Rider

This is kind of a no duh character. EVERYONE wanted Ghost Rider, so I think it's great they added him. BUT, in the first game he wasn't in because of RAM or something like that (Which contradicts something another Capcom employee said which apparently is more accurate), and now he suddenly can fit? I don't know man, kinda shaky. I am digging the "Fast Dhalsim" fight style, however.

Hawkeye

Yes, we know you have a movie out and No, people still don't like you. I don't think by any means he is a waste of a slot, but his fight style seems pretty much exactly like Taskmaster, but without all the other stuff that makes Taskmaster cool. Props for Antman, though

Iron Fist

Iron Fist is great and all, but whatever happened to "Ghost Rider, Black Panther, Iron Fist and a few other heavily requested characters are just 'too punchy' and wouldn't have a good moveset?' Did you just decide "screw it" and give us what we want without excuses or were you just lying so you could hold the popular characters back for DLC?

Nemesis

C'mon Capcom, Really? NO ONE ASKED FOR NEMESIS (I think, I'm probably dead wrong about this). Everyone wanted Tyrant, and then gave us hope by saying "Tyrant and Nemesis would potentially make the game rating go up due to their graphic natures, but they are still possible DLC options" When people saw this, they all thought "Cool, Tyrant might be in!" Not "Yeah! I love Nemesis"

In other words, YOU GOT DA RONG GUY BOI

Nova

Phoenix Wright

Blatant fan service is blatant

Rocket Raccoon

You're telling me that you packed all the punch of the highly requested cable into a furry? I love you capcom.

The only problem is, everyone else who doesn't actually know who the heck this character actually is hates you for "potentially keeping out Venom"

Strider

Smart move, but why wasn't he in the first if S-Kill wanted him in so badly?

Vergil

Ehh... IDK... I could think of better people to fill this spot but all in all not a bad choice

Doctor Strange

Makes sense, he's a pretty smart choice seeing as he was heavily requested by fans. The only thing is that his costume is relevant any more, but if we were going with relevancy then Hulk would be smart right now :P

Don't know enough about Dr. Strange to comment. :(

Firebrand

It's nice of Capcom to throw in some oddballs, but I don't think Firebrand is really an appealing character, despite looking like he can tear it up in battle

I feel he's only in because Arthur is in. Plus don't you forget some of Capcom's other games, like Demon's Crest and Gargoyle's Quest I and II.

Frank West

FAAAAAAAAAAAANTASTIC! Bonus points for using the Dead Rising 1 version of Frank and not the Dead Rising 2 Frank. Just get his moveset right and he should be good to go.

Shouldn't be that hard to move his moveset from TvC to UMvC3 with some tweaks here and there.

Ghost Rider

This is kind of a no duh character. EVERYONE wanted Ghost Rider, so I think it's great they added him. BUT, in the first game he wasn't in because of RAM or something like that (Which contradicts something another Capcom employee said which apparently is more accurate), and now he suddenly can fit? I don't know man, kinda shaky. I am digging the "Fast Dhalsim" fight style, however.

Fast Dhalsim style? I need to see him in action lol. But yeah, Ghost Rider is a must.

Hawkeye

Yes, we know you have a movie out and No, people still don't like you. I don't think by any means he is a waste of a slot, but his fight style seems pretty much exactly like Taskmaster, but without all the other stuff that makes Taskmaster cool. Props for Antman, though

Iron Fist

Iron Fist is great and all, but whatever happened to "Ghost Rider, Black Panther, Iron Fist and a few other heavily requested characters are just 'too punchy' and wouldn't have a good moveset?' Did you just decide "screw it" and give us what we want without excuses or were you just lying so you could hold the popular characters back for DLC?

Fun Fact, Tekken literally translates as Iron Fist lol.

Nemesis

C'mon Capcom, Really? NO ONE ASKED FOR NEMESIS (I think, I'm probably dead wrong about this). Everyone wanted Tyrant, and then gave us hope by saying "Tyrant and Nemesis would potentially make the game rating go up due to their graphic natures, but they are still possible DLC options" When people saw this, they all thought "Cool, Tyrant might be in!" Not "Yeah! I love Nemesis"

In other words, YOU GOT DA RONG GUY BOI

Well hell, Nemesis in premise will seem like another Chris. Gameplay, who knows.

Nova

Phoenix Wright

To hell with fan service. I want something that makes sense dammit.

Rocket Raccoon

You're telling me that you packed all the punch of the highly requested cable into a furry? I love you capcom.

The only problem is, everyone else who doesn't actually know who the heck this character actually is hates you for "potentially keeping out Venom"

Rocket Raccoon is one of my favorites from Marvel. It's weird why Marvel would want Rocket Raccoon.

Strider

I'm not sure S-Kill has any say on who gets in or not.

Vergil

Ehh... IDK... I could think of better people to fill this spot but all in all not a bad choice

Vergil is awesome and all. Not quite a waste of space for me. :D

Now people are still pissy because MegaMan isn't in.

Frank West

It's 99.9% certain that they will recycle Frank's TVC moveset. If you are cool with that, then you should be set :)
Ghost Rider

Not to mention Ghost has two specials (Hellfire and the flame that pops from the floor) and at least one hyper (Motorcycle) that OTG. I'm already thinking that OTG Hellfire will be his best assist.

I read in an SRK thread of UMVC3 changes that Ghost rides straight on his Moto hyper. If you press an attack button once, he pops a wheelie that covers the top screen a bit more. If you press it rapidly, Ghost jumps off the side of the screen.

Strider

Apparently Capcom had to jump through hurdles to get him in because of licensing issues. Many people don't know, but Strider was created by the manga artists Moto Kikaku. The Strider series were sort of a collaboration between them and Capcom.

Changed the topic name to get people in.

Should I just make a separate topic for UMVC3?

They are pretty different games, but I think this is fine.

Ghost Rider

Fast Dhalsim style? I need to see him in action lol. But yeah, Ghost Rider is a must.

Yeah, he pretty much a Dhalsim clone with most of his moveset (from the ranged attacks down to the fire balls), but much, MUCH quicker. Here is a vid of S-Kill describing him (idk exactly when they start talking about him, but the video is quite interesting):

Justin Wong, Shady K, Nerd Josh and Floe got some exhibition matches going at Comic-con. It will be the closest thing we get from pros until Capcom brings it to EVO this week (which will be AWESOME!!).

If that is what I believe to be Ghost's jump H, it looks to be REALLY safe on block, to the point where non-projectile characters like She-hulk or Haggar may have some problems getting in. Notice how Justin faked one on Shady by pressing the button late on his jump. Instant recovery to block right there!

Frank West

Phoenix Wright

Irony, anyone?

Frank West

Phoenix Wright

Irony, anyone?

*blushes*

Anyone else watching Evo? This 8yr old just beat a vet (I think, I didn't see the whole match)!
Yup that kid Noah was very entertaining to watch, but so was everything else about MVC3 pools lol. I cannot wait for finals!!! :D

Anyone else watching Evo? This 8yr old just beat a vet (I think, I didn't see the whole match)!
Yup that kid Noah was very entertaining to watch, but so was everything else about MVC3 pools lol. I cannot wait for finals!!! :D

It was awesome, but I wish Royal Flush was in the finals. I love how he uses all the underused characters. Btw, isn't Marvel on next, CS?

EDIT: Anyone else find it hilarious how Megaman and Gambit are highly requested, still not in the second time, AND in the corner of the character select screen's background? I sure do :lol:

It was awesome, but I wish Royal Flush was in the finals. I love how he uses all the underused characters. Btw, isn't Marvel on next, CS?

EDIT: Anyone else find it hilarious how Megaman and Gambit are highly requested, still not in the second time, AND in the corner of the character select screen's background? I sure do :lol:

Saw the grand finals live and god it was hype. Congrats to Viscant and PR Rog; that match was too good.

At 5:20 Tron says "I--think--I--can, I--think--I--can."

And to anyone who is saddened by the roster choices for UMVC3, there is something interesting to note. Lupinko, the guy who leaked the existence of UMVC3, Vanilla MVC3, and it's characters, shared some reassuring tweets recently:

http://i.imgur.com/2M3q9.png

Saw the grand finals live and god it was hype. Congrats to Viscant and PR Rog; that match was too good.

At 5:20 Tron says "I--think--I--can, I--think--I--can."

Damn, that match was intense :o

And to anyone who is saddened by the roster choices for UMVC3, there is something interesting to note. Lupinko, the guy who leaked the existence of UMVC3, Vanilla MVC3, and it's characters, shared some reassuring tweets recently:

http://i.imgur.com/2M3q9.png

Yeah, I've been seeing his stuff.. pretty much he hinted at impending DLC, and said that Gambit definitely isn't DLC. He also added that there is some sort of new mechanic involving team synergy and something about cards.

My speculation: Mega Man (Classic or .EXE) will get in as DLC along with Spider-Woman or Black Widow and be revealed similar to Shuma/Jill. I think this because although the roster leak was viewed positively, people are complaining how Marvel's already low female count was not changed (I don't care, gender/race doesn't matter when it comes to fighting games IMO) and Mega Man fans are already pissed about (more or less) Universe and legends III cancellations, and his absence does not soften the blow. This will address pretty much the only major complaints about the new chars besides "My favorite character x didn't make it but Rocket Raccoon did!?"

I personally don't care though. I got my Frank West, I'm happy.

On release I'll be rockin' Frank/Phoenix/RR 8-)

he hinted at impending DLC,

Then those characters will be on the next disc, and they'll call it "Super Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of two worlds Arcade Edition" or something like that. Has capcom always been releasing regular versions of games and then remaking them with only a little extra content after just about everyone bought the older version? Not that that will stop me from wanting this game, but that will get annoying really fast. I hope they don't do that with Street Fighter x Tekken. I kind of think they're doing it backwards... But hey at least this version is $40! :D

he hinted at impending DLC,

Then those characters will be on the next disc, and they'll call it "Super Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3: Fate of two worlds Arcade Edition" or something like that. Has capcom always been releasing regular versions of games and then remaking them with only a little extra content after just about everyone bought the older version? Not that that will stop me from wanting this game, but that will get annoying really fast. I hope they don't do that with Street Fighter x Tekken. I kind of think they're doing it backwards... But hey at least this version is $40! :D

On disc is 1,000x better! For these reasons:

1) 12 new characters as DLC ($5 a pop) would cost $60 by themselves. That by itself makes this a better value

2) Spectator Mode! The coding for Vanilla MvC3 can't handle spectator mode, but a completely new coding allows Spectator Mode

3) 8 New stages that I doubt we'd get at all had this been DLC. And if we did, it would probably be atleast $3

4) Rebalancing- need I say more?

Also, here is something super interesting

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShYKcJ8a7095hc419giilXYKRs5IH3Ru9E3yZyyoLIEY2suW30gQ

Notice how Ghost Rider, Fire Brand, Hawkeye and Strider have kind of a white outline? Well they did. And not coincidentally, they were revealed at the same time. Now the picture above shows everyone else. Now, they have tints as well.

Nova/Frank West - Redish

RR/PWright - Yellowish

Strange/Nemesis - greenish-bluish

and Iron Fist/Verigil are Purplish. This leads me to believe that they will be released at the same time as their other colored counterpart.

Now, for reveal dates. Rocket Raccon is getting a new comic this month with another Marvel character (I don't remember his name) so it would make sense that he is revealed this month at Gamescon (or anywhere this month). A rumor something along the lines of a new Resident Evil starring a returning villian (Nemesis?) being revealed at TGS, so if this is true then a Nemesis/Strange announcement around then would make plenty of sense. And in October, the new Dead Rising game is released (with Frank "I've covered Wars" West) so that would make some sense... Vergil and Ironfist idk, but the others make sense to me

"Hemblemblem..., huh? Oh look, I can finally post these!"

Nemesis looks mighty fine! :) He has hyper armor on some of his moves, and even moreso on his swinging arm hyper. He is a walking powerhouse, plain and simple.

Sorry to double post but Vergil and Iron Fist have just been announced!

Vergil seems to have a more straightforward moveset than Dante and his level 3 is unique because afaik it only works during Devil Trigger.

Iron Fist... I'm contemplating whether I'm gonna drop She-hulk for him lol, even though he only has physical attacks, it looks like he can hold his own without needing projectile assists to back him up.

who else can't wait for phoenix wright trailer!!

Oh man, I hope they reveal him and Nova at TGS. They seem to make the most sense for the Japanese audience.