Sign in to follow this  
Max15946

Earthbound/Mother Series

This game is my latest obsession. It's got great music, great story and classic RPG gameplay. I can't believe I haven't discovered the awesomeness of this series until now. Actually, me starting to play as Ness in Smash Bros. made me look this up more :lol: Games like this really make me wish I was born like 5-10 years earlier

The thing I hate though is that a long time ago I thought I'd never play this so I spoiled the ending for myself >_< NEVER AGAIN will I read another spoiler about anything!

It seemed so touching I wish I could have played it myself

Though I plan on playing through Earthbound. Then maybs Mother 3 or the original Mother.

Played Earthbound for the snes. I must say, it had a fantastic soundtrack. My favorite area was when you were in that backwards reality in that one city. With all the floating clocks and such. Last boss was a pain the butt at first.

A very good RPG of it's time.

I don't have the time to play Mother 3 all the way through (at least at my computer desk) so I went and looked up the ending on youtube

To sum it up: :cry:

Now everytime I even think about it I want to :cry:

More games need to be like this

I have not played Earthbound/Mother, but I have heard of how awesome it is.

Can someone please tell me why I should put in the time? RPGs require quite the time investment; what sets this apart?

I have not played Earthbound/Mother, but I have heard of how awesome it is.

Can someone please tell me why I should put in the time? RPGs require quite the time investment; what sets this apart?

Earthbound is basically taking the generic theme of knights, swords and shining armor and replacing it with teenagers, base ball bats and baseball hats. It's also takes place in present day (well, the 90s isn't really present anymore) Eagleland, which is a parody on America. The story revolves around a meteor landing near your house which held an alien from the future to tell you that in the future a evil alien named Giygas took over and enslaved humans. He says that there was a prophecy of three boys and one girl defeating Guygas. And it goes from there. Earthbound has a lot of quirky humor and will make you chuckle and probably laugh a lot and one point or another

Now Mother 3 on the other hand, is a much, much more... I guess you could say serious. It still has a lot of humor in it but the story is much more prominent. I really don't want to spoil anything at all for you but I will tell that, unless you're an emotionless robot you will feel sadness and, I don't know much about you, but a lot of people cried during it. It really lives up to the slogan "Strange, funny, and heartening"

I think Mother 3 is definatly worth checking out, but unless you can read Japanese the only way to play it is illegally through a ROM and emulator. And if you will play either of these games, please please please PLEASE do NOT spoil it for your self! I did and I really regret it a lot :(

Sadly I have spoiled most things about games to myself, as I'll probably never be able to play them. (My best friend has the actual game though, I could always ask him if I could give it a try)

have u seen the baby? :o

at the giygas fight?

I don't see how people can think Giygas' sprite looks like a baby. And I think the abortion theory is kinda ridiculous

at the giygas fight?

I don't see how people can think Giygas' sprite looks like a baby. And I think the abortion theory is kinda ridiculous

I think it's just a bit of a coincidence that it looks like a fetus, but I can see how it looks like one:

Anyway, I haven't had the chance to play any of these games.

I don't have a SNES, so do you have suggestions as to where I could play one?

at the giygas fight?

I think it's just a bit of a coincidence that it looks like a fetus, but I can see how it looks like one:

Anyway, I haven't had the chance to play any of these games.

I don't have a SNES, so do you have suggestions as to where I could play one?

Well, it's likely that Nintendo isn't manufacturing any more SNESs, so even though it is technically piracy there is no moral problem of downloading a ROM and emulator to play it

I everyone played Mother 3, the world would be a better place. Not joking.

EDIT: And then threads about amazing games like these sink because of FPS threads

*sigh*

I love the mother series. I just love how the story starts of normally (with a few odd quirks). then slowly slips into insanity as you progress farther in. Even to the point in which even your dreams become your worst foe.

I despise most RPGs with an intense hatred. I've never beaten any of the final fantasys (except the 1st game remade for the gba), nor can I sit and play WoW for more than ten minutes. However, there is just something to these games that makes me want to play it.