Sign in to follow this  
mrhbomb90

best ds games?

i'm about to buy a ds lite, because i don't have any handheld right now, but i don't really know what good games they have. i've got metroid hunters already ( i had an original ds but it cracked in half over a year ago) and i was thinking i'd get the shin megami tensei games, the world ends with you, and flower, sun, and rain. but, what do you guys think are the best ds games?

Cheap games you can find in bargain bins:

Animal Crossing Wild World

Pokemon Diamond

Bomberman DS (If you can find it and have some friends you can have some fun and they don't need to have the game, I bet you can get it for $5)

The Ace Attorney series is a must have.

Elite Beat Agents is the best rhythm game I've ever played. Yes, better than those sorry excuses for games called "Guitar Hero" and "Rock Band."

Professor Layton is one of the best puzzle game series I've ever seen, and has an insanely good story.

The WarioWare games are always fun.

Don't touch Scribblenauts.

And Super Mario 64 DS. It's a great remake of a classic, and it shouldn't cost very much, seeing as it's old.

The Ace Attorney series is a must have.

Elite Beat Agents is the best rhythm game I've ever played. Yes, better than those sorry excuses for games called "Guitar Hero" and "Rock Band."

Professor Layton is one of the best puzzle game series I've ever seen, and has an insanely good story.

The WarioWare games are always fun.

And Super Mario 64 DS. It's a great remake of a classic, and it shouldn't cost very much, seeing as it's old.

professor layton sounds pretty great, but as for elite beat agents being the best rythm game, you must go play audiosurf and rez. really, like IMMEDIATELY

Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise

*shibbers* IMO, in my Top Ten Worst Games of all Time.

OT: New Super Mario Bros.; Any Pokémon game; Drawn to Life and of course Bionicle Heroes (J/K)

professor layton sounds pretty great, but as for elite beat agents being the best rythm game, you must go play audiosurf and rez. really, like IMMEDIATELY

Audiosurf is pretty cool. I don't LOVE it, but the choose-your-own-music thing is pretty awesome. I'll check out Rez the next chance I get.

Umm...

Let's see...

so now i don't have a ds anymore,but from what i remember,there were some awesome games,mainly the first ones...

go for:

-Advance wars dual strike.this one is the last of the red star series,which i consider as the only true advance war series

-Star fox commands is a cool games with multiple endings,as all the star fox games.however it can get boring if you spend too much time finding secret endings...

-So i heard you have metroid?keep it...it's one of the best if not the best game on the DS.

-Going for a modern FPS?try goldeneye!its adventure mode might be tricky,and its multiplayer mode may give you hours,hours and hours of fun!

-Animal crossing.I really don't know how this can be,but it never gets boring.the only way to stop it is to "accidently" destroy your savefile.

-Super mario 64 ds is a cool game,also.pretty much nothing to say about this one...

-if you absolutely need a race game,the only solution is mario kart.

Worms World Warfare 2 is quite fun with friends.

I approve. Actually, I recommend buying the old Worms games for PC at a garage sale near you

LIES! Scribblenauts is distilled creativity. The only way the game is boring is if you're boring. Sure you can solve nearly every puzzle in the game with rope and a jetpack, but why would you WANT to?

i'm about to buy a ds lite, because i don't have any handheld right now, but i don't really know what good games they have. i've got metroid hunters already ( i had an original ds but it cracked in half over a year ago) and i was thinking i'd get the shin megami tensei games, the world ends with you, and flower, sun, and rain. but, what do you guys think are the best ds games?

Ok my favorite GBA game ever was golden sun. They are making a new golden sun for the ds I recomend you get that along with monster ranchers DS.

Then other great games

Pokemon Platinum

Wario Ware (any)

Legend of zelda (play phantom hourglass before spirit tracks)

And there are a lot of good rpgs out there if you are a fan of those.

does anyone have any feelings on dementium or moon? they're kind of unkown indie games but i hear they're pretty great. plus dementium has a sequel coming out soon that has the ugliest box art ever (in a good way), and i really love some indie horror

oh, and disgaea. is it any good?

I played it, it's pretty fun. That, and it's got insanely amazing music.

The downside would be that, as far as I know, the battles all take place on a grid-like plane. Seems a bit repetitive to me, so I never really got into it.

Oh, and please don't double post.

i would have told you rythm paradise,if they didn't try to make it cute...

You mean Rhythm Heaven.

Fun game, but it got way too hard for me. Nowadays, I just listen to their epic beats.

i hear the thing about rythm heaven was that if your a musician, its really fun and not overly challenging, but otherwise its really hard.

and the grid thing in disgaea is no big deal for me, i mean i think its pretty much a strategy game in a lot of ways.

and sorry for the double post