Sign in to follow this  
1337m33p

Call of duty: BLACK OPS

If people still buy it it means they want more

Who in his sane mind would stop making these games?

I would. Crap like this is only going to hurt your franchise in the long run. Instead of making a new game every six months they could be spending all that time and development into new content like champaign missions and multiplayer add-ons besides maps.

Would you really?

Then you are super awesome, i know if it was me i would milk the living - out of it till people stopped buying it, then i would start working on another franchise, and repeat that.

I would die happy and rich, happy because IF people still buy it it means that they STILL like/enjoy my work.

If people still buy it it means they want more

Who in his sane mind would stop making these games?

I would. Crap like this is only going to hurt your franchise in the long run. Instead of making a new game every six months they could be spending all that time and development into new content like champaign missions and multiplayer add-ons besides maps.

Would you really?

Then you are super awesome, i know if it was me i would milk the living - out of it till people stopped buying it, then i would start working on another franchise, and repeat that.

I would die happy and rich, happy because IF people still buy it it means that they STILL like/enjoy my work.

Yes, if you were a greedy business tycoon I'm sure you would. After the success of Halo, that is what the gaming industry has gravitated toward. No longer is the business about new and innovating titles but about successful trilogies. The Call of Duty template is the first step toward a much darker and less exciting gaming industry. People can only play the same crap for so long before they get bored with it.

CoD is indeed milking as much as they can and in 5 years it will have completely destroyed its worth at this rate. I'm actually hoping for the day that CoD fails completely. Once this happens maybe people can start waking up and focus on the future. On what can be done, not what already has been.

Yes, if you were a greedy business tycoon I'm sure you would. After the success of Halo, that is what the gaming industry has gravitated toward. No longer is the business about new and innovating titles but about successful trilogies. The Call of Duty template is the first step toward a much darker and less exciting gaming industry. People can only play the same crap for so long before they get bored with it.

CoD is indeed milking as much as they can and in 5 years it will have completely destroyed its worth at this rate. I'm actually hoping for the day that CoD fails completely. Once this happens maybe people can start waking up and focus on the future. On what can be done, not what already has been.

Of course i am talking business here. Not everyone in the gaming industry is an artist, nor they want to innovate.

And while i would actually recreate the cod formula if i could i still think it is cheap and tells a lot about people (both, devs and costumers).

This is happening way before than halo (see tony hawk).

I got it on sat the story is so much fun and interesting veteran is really hard but im almost done if the game had better AI i think i would be done.

The AI sucks alot one time reznov got stuck in a trash can and i couldn't move on with the story or sometimes they sit there while "your getting shot up!"-Weaver

Meanwhile, Activision rolls in its mound of cash and doesn't give two shits.

Greed before Creativity is what cause the 90s Comic Book industry collapse.

http://www.badmouth.net/the-comic-book-apocalypse

Greed will lead the way for a collapse of the video game industry.

...I doubt it. Look at the size of the gaming industry now. It's huge and there's so many different countries with so many different developers and publishers. The range is ridiculous at the moment and like with anything that becomes this popular, the mainstream games have a focus on making money, which is fine because it keeps gaming alive, keeps the resources flowing, allowing the more "indie" and innovative titles to flow through, as it has most notably in the last few years. There's so many markets to cater to and the FPS market has become the more mainstream one, so it's excelled in profits and it would be stupid to change that.

There's a now millions of "artists" whose music is cloned and forcibly breed and look at how that's doing. There's always going to be a few different crowds and the ones that may not like the mainstream still need the mainstream for the lesser-known-but-more-talented artists to get the attention they deserve. Besides, yearly updates of titles aren't a new thing, we've seen it in sports games for years. COD is actually an exceptional example too, aside from WaW there was enough changes that made the gameplay fresh, if you were a big enough fan of the series. And WaW was still great and allowed them to have two CoD series running at the same time. I know a lot of gamers that played both MW2 and WaW because they were such different games. It's a brilliant business move and it worked perfectly.

Now, we as a gaming community are bigger, which allows developers to be more daring in their games because they won't fear going broke just from one or two "different" games. It also means when they try something different, it's -really- different. Not just some older aspects thrown in with what they call "innovation". These are entirely new games with entirely new engines and sometimes, creating an entirely new market. If every gaming developer in the world was doing what CoD was doing, I would agree with you but it's only Activision.

I got it early this evening. I disagree with killing

Castro

in the campaign though. Just because the government disagreed with him did not give them the right to assault him so many times, and they finally decide to get it done...In a game?

Anyways, the MP is okayz but isn't as cool as I thought, given the insanity that is massive sexual emblems and the sheer lack of challenge that the players present to a relatively experienced shooter...

Could've been better, but I havn't done that much SP yet, so my opinion may be subject to how good the campaign is.

Am I the only one that thinks Nixon and Kennedy made this game worth it?

Probably not. Anyways, I :arrow: the zombie game mode. Whoops time for dinner, tonight's special: livers, with brains as the dessert. :P

Wow, I've been raging so hard at my controller since I tried playing Wager Match this evening. :evil:

This game is another let down. With the exception of Zombies :P

Veteran is the worst i beat it but its just a rage machine.
I found black ops veteran very easy i never really got stuck. Very disappointed i was hoping for another CoD 2 veteran or CoD WaW veteran.

Veteran is the worst i beat it but its just a rage machine.
I found black ops veteran very easy i never really got stuck. Very disappointed i was hoping for another CoD 2 veteran or CoD WaW veteran.

I don't think he was saying it's hard, just frustrating. That's the way I see it aswell. WaW Veteran was badassery though.

Greed before Creativity is what cause the 90s Comic Book industry collapse.

http://www.badmouth.net/the-comic-book-apocalypse

Greed will lead the way for a collapse of the video game industry.

...I doubt it. Look at the size of the gaming industry now. It's huge and there's so many different countries with so many different developers and publishers. The range is ridiculous at the moment and like with anything that becomes this popular, the mainstream games have a focus on making money, which is fine because it keeps gaming alive, keeps the resources flowing, allowing the more "indie" and innovative titles to flow through, as it has most notably in the last few years. There's so many markets to cater to and the FPS market has become the more mainstream one, so it's excelled in profits and it would be stupid to change that.

There's a now millions of "artists" whose music is cloned and forcibly breed and look at how that's doing. There's always going to be a few different crowds and the ones that may not like the mainstream still need the mainstream for the lesser-known-but-more-talented artists to get the attention they deserve. Besides, yearly updates of titles aren't a new thing, we've seen it in sports games for years. COD is actually an exceptional example too, aside from WaW there was enough changes that made the gameplay fresh, if you were a big enough fan of the series. And WaW was still great and allowed them to have two CoD series running at the same time. I know a lot of gamers that played both MW2 and WaW because they were such different games. It's a brilliant business move and it worked perfectly.

Now, we as a gaming community are bigger, which allows developers to be more daring in their games because they won't fear going broke just from one or two "different" games. It also means when they try something different, it's -really- different. Not just some older aspects thrown in with what they call "innovation". These are entirely new games with entirely new engines and sometimes, creating an entirely new market. If every gaming developer in the world was doing what CoD was doing, I would agree with you but it's only Activision.

EA has been doing it with their sports titles for years and now they're starting to suffer for it. Don't get me wrong, EA isn't going to be destroyed by it in any way but you'll notice they're trying to rethink the way they make sports games. The past few years EA hasn't been mindlessly stamping out franchise games for every sport like they used to. I feel the same thing will happen to the CoD series, except that something newer and better will replace it before Activision gets on the ball again. EA has the advantage of having all the sports franchise licensing monopolized for video games. Activision can't do that for FPS's.

Bungie at least had the sense to wait 3 years before releasing another Halo game. Activision isn't doing that and so every consecutive year they come out with a CoD game is just another nail in the coffin for the series to me.

I personally like the game for what it is and don't really see the point in the anti-cod rage. Although I believe that anything innovative and new is better (Borderlands 2, hurry up!)

This game is now boring multiplayer is just meh zombies is the only thing i play on it also the game is to easy with me being a try hard or without.

montages are so over done nowadays, they were alot more fun when it was gears 1 and cod4, now people in every match you play are spinning around and poop trying to montage you

Now im sooooo bored of Blops. i mean, they failed on many things;

1. Sniper is soooo underpowerd now. its almost impossible to use. and no quickscope.

2. Poor balancing in weapons.

and so on.

Now im sooooo bored of Blops. i mean, they failed on many things;

1. Sniper is soooo underpowerd now. its almost impossible to use. and no quickscope.

2. Poor balancing in weapons.

and so on.

Nope, the above is wrong, no offence intended but may be percieved.

Asides the fact that shotguns and snipers (sadface) have had their wings clipped the rest is balanced. The game is far more balanced than the previous CoD's WaW and MW2. I still maintain the hope that CoD is balanced.

Although I agree it is sadistically boring, the only thing that kept me playing MW2 was Qscope Nscope matches... Hello TF2!

The only thing that keeps me playing Black Ops is the hilarity of annoying the hell out of those taking the game seriouslyy

RCs, Crossbows, Ballistic knives and Tomohawks always do the job. And its always hilarious if you're playing with a friend, too

I and a few of my friends were playing a private match, with 2 Xboxes, in the same house, just 2 rooms away from each other. Always fun stuff :)