Sign in to follow this  
Rizyq

Minecraft

Pretty sure the non-beta version comes out in November. Can't wait!

It's funny I still have yet to buy my own copy of minecraft.

What are you waiting for?! It's awesome! :)

Pretty sure the non-beta version comes out in November. Can't wait!

It's funny I still have yet to buy my own copy of minecraft.

What are you waiting for?! It's awesome! :)

I would but I don't necessarily have the money for ze Minecraft...

:cry:

1.8 is kind of disappointing me. I haven't found any Strongholds or Abandoned Mine shafts, Only one really tiny ravine, and haven't found any of the new mobs. The experience orbs are also useless considering it doesn't even do anything yet, and critical hits aren't really that useful. I mean, it is pretty cool, and I am very grateful that we're getting all these updates for free, but I think the hype was a little high. I also found one NPC village, but, like experience orbs, don't even do anything at this point, considering there aren't any NPCs in them.

1.8 is kind of disappointing me. I haven't found any Strongholds or Abandoned Mine shafts, Only one really tiny ravine, and haven't found any of the new mobs. The experience orbs are also useless considering it doesn't even do anything yet, and critical hits aren't really that useful. I mean, it is pretty cool, and I am very grateful that we're getting all these updates for free, but I think the hype was a little high. I also found one NPC village, but, like experience orbs, don't even do anything at this point, considering there aren't any NPCs in them.

Personally I most like the hunger/sprinting.

But, if it was tiny, then I sort of doubt it was a ravine.

All but one of the ravines I've seen were completely underground, didn't even break the surface. I've also seen 2 very large mine-shafts.

The Strongholds are really rare though, too. Only 3 will generate on each map.

But still, I mostly like the hunger/sprinting, and bow mechanics. Also sort of makes combat more balanced than "Who can eat food fastest"

Well, I found a civilian village.

No civvies, but there was a farm and some houses.

I quite enjoy the reimplemented creative mode though.

Now If only we could get snow again...

Personally I most like the hunger/sprinting.

But, if it was tiny, then I sort of doubt it was a ravine.

All but one of the ravines I've seen were completely underground, didn't even break the surface. I've also seen 2 very large mine-shafts.

The Strongholds are really rare though, too. Only 3 will generate on each map.

But still, I mostly like the hunger/sprinting, and bow mechanics. Also sort of makes combat more balanced than "Who can eat food fastest"

Yeah, I forgot to mention the upgrade to the combat mechanics. I really like it. And I have found some big underground ravines since posting, and I do think they're pretty cool too.

*musings on starting a local behemoth server*

Ok, so I'm tinkering with it. And I can at least get one running.

Albeit vanilla.

We'll see how this goes.

Before I put much more time into this, is there much interest in a Behemoth Server?

Because when I did the movies attendance died off after a couple weeks.

I can help out with some administrative stuff, I guess.

I'd definitely recommend using Bukkit instead of a vanilla server... You'll need to wait till there's a 1.8 release though.

Makes it a lot easier to get Plugins/mods that can make it funner/more interesting. Or even just make it vanilla with a few extra things :P

A: People can connect

B: People can stroll about without much lag

C: There aren't any ohgodwhat errors when playing

I can't connect, even when using direct connect. It says that I timed out.

I can't connect, even when using direct connect. It says that I timed out.
Shoot, I was hoping that being able to connect to myself Via a second computer was a good sign.

I'm guessing that since they're on the same network it doesn't care.

I have a feeling it's these blasted routers causing me issues.

Something along the lines of

Internal-Computer -> Router -> Internal Server = A Ok
External Computer -> Router -> Internal Server = Blocked

I've been running it this whole time, so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Probably those accursed ports foiling my plans once again, like with terraria.

Anyway, I'm going to keep fooling with it, but It looks like this might be dead in the water... Sorry guys.

I'll keep it running through Friday using the vanilla console to give anyone an opportunity to prove otherwise.

The IP is "64.131.98.120"

Else on Saturday, I'll have to can this project due to network incompatibilities.

I mean, if even anonymous users can't connect (since I posted the IP) I'm guessing no one will be able to.

Such is life on Campus Internet.

C'est la vie.

That's your local IP address, isn't it? People can't connect to it if you're using a router. The ip of a TF2 server I made for some peeps on Shoryuken had my router ip (w/ last 3 digits of your choice) + a port I forwarded so people could join.

That's your local IP address, isn't it? People can't connect to it if you're using a router. The ip of a TF2 server I made for some peeps on Shoryuken had my router ip (w/ last 3 digits of your choice) + a port I forwarded so people could join.

no a local ip would be something like this: 192.168.2.1

THOSE DAMN ENDERMUCHACHOS.

I saw one so far away he was in fog/shade. I was on a mountain he was in a cave. He minds his own business, then looks at me while shaking. If that wasn't enough, he suddenly disappears with crazy speed to the left. I get nervous and look around and THERE HE IS OH GFFFFFGGGGFFF

I haven't bee able to actually sign into my account since Tuesday of last week. My account works fine on minecraft.net, but it fails to work on the actual Minecraft client. I can't play online, or see my skins I've made. Is anyone else having this problem, and does anyone know why this is happening?

Actually, I used "Whatsmyip.org" to find my external.

But as I've mentioned I believe it's a port forwarding issue.

I was hoping it wouldn't be, but it appears that it is.

And since I can't actually log into the router to forward the ports, it appears I'm stuck.

Actually, I used "Whatsmyip.org" to find my external.

But as I've mentioned I believe it's a port forwarding issue.

I was hoping it wouldn't be, but it appears that it is.

And since I can't actually log into the router to forward the ports, it appears I'm stuck.

Sounds like you are going to have to buy your own router for this then. :(

Lemme try making a server now :P

Edit: Try this ip 68.173.71.246:25565

Lemme try making a server now :P

Edit: Try this ip 68.173.71.246:25565

Sits on Trying to connect for a minute, then times out.

This is as of 2:01PM CST

I think I got it now, try again :).