Sign in to follow this  
Rizyq

Minecraft

Lemme try making a server now :P

Edit: Try this ip 68.173.71.246:25565

Sits on Trying to connect for a minute, then times out.

This is as of 2:01PM CST

I think I got it now, try again :).

Yep, just logged in and spawned next to a creeper.

Just thought I'd let everyone who's interested know that OptiFine 1.8 is now in development. :) SO whoever relies on it, like me, to play Minecraft, your wait will soon come to an end! :)

Guest reggiedog12

It's an awesome game and all, but it seems abused. I play it now and again,but I just can't see playing it 24/7.

Played on CSword's server for a while with FirePheonix, but the lag was so terrible, it took 30 seconds to see what he had to say. But I had fun.

I also made a house somewhere, but now I can't find it. :(

I still have yet to find a stronghold. I've found plenty of NPC villages and abandoned mineshafts (most of which have spawned very, very strangely), but not a single stronghold. Also, I'm really liking the underground ravines. It's a really cool new feature to exploring caves. Anyways, does anyone know any good strategies for searching for strongholds?

Anyways, does anyone know any good strategies for searching for strongholds?

Luck is pretty much it.

Well as of right now strongholds can be found by looking for extremely tall glass towers.

The stronghold should be directly under.

Be careful though, you could end up in some lava.

Anyways, does anyone know any good strategies for searching for strongholds?

Luck is pretty much it.

Well as of right now strongholds can be found by looking for extremely tall glass towers.

The stronghold should be directly under.

Be careful though, you could end up in some lava.

Using an enderman pearl, you can now make 'eye of ender' which when right-clicked, is thrown in the direction of the nearest stronghold. Be sure to get a healthy supply of them though.

What are your opinions on all the new brewing and enchanting stuff? I think it's pretty cool, but I don't want Notch to take this too far. One of the things I like about Minecraft is the simplicity of it. With all of this new stuff, it's making the game much more complicated.

What are your opinions on all the new brewing and enchanting stuff? I think it's pretty cool, but I don't want Notch to take this too far. One of the things I like about Minecraft is the simplicity of it. With all of this new stuff, it's making the game much more complicated.

Many many developers have done this, and it turns me away. Minecraft was awesome because it had its own category, but now it's turning into an RPG.

Many many developers have done this, and it turns me away. Minecraft was awesome because it had its own category, but now it's turning into an RPG.

Exactly my thoughts. I liked Minecraft for being a open-world sandbox game. Now there's a lot of things turning it into an RPG, and there's also so many stupid things in the update too, like the hideous villagers, and the pointless snow golems. What is Notch thinking?

Exactly my thoughts. I liked Minecraft for being a open-world sandbox game. Now there's a lot of things turning it into an RPG, and there's also so many stupid things in the update too, like the hideous villagers, and the pointless snow golems. What is Notch thinking?

I don't like the villages/villagers. This probably sounds weird, but I liked the solitude factor. Being all alone and having to survive. Also, hunger should be a mode.

I don't like the villages/villagers. This probably sounds weird, but I liked the solitude factor. Being all alone and having to survive. Also, hunger should be a mode.

Yeah. If I wanted to play with other characters, I would go on a server to play with people who have some intelligence, not just random AI that doesn't do anything, and wanders around in villages that have the tendency to spawn in really weird ways. I'm honestly thinking of just deleting the 1.8 patch, and just not updating. Minecraft is just heading in the wrong direction.

Is there not an option when generating a world to disable villages spawning?

I can't really think of a good argument towards potions/enchantments (as I've personally wanted them in the game for a while, and I haven't even used them.)

Is there not an option when generating a world to disable villages spawning?

I can't really think of a good argument towards potions/enchantments (as I've personally wanted them in the game for a while, and I haven't even used them.)

You can disable them.

Just go to "More World Options..." when creating a world.

Speaking of which, the new 1.8 seeds are pretty awesome.

Too bad I get sick whenever I play it because of the jerky movement.

Minecraft is officially out now!

Yup. The idea of an "ending" to Minecraft is a complete turn-off to me. Sadly, it's already happened. I saw the ending on Youtube, and it's very strange. It's trying to be really philosophical and deep, but it never did anything for me. And I'm not even playing Minecraft for a philosophical or deep lesson, I'm playing to just have fun and take my mind off things. Whatever, the ending is just optional anyways.