Sign in to follow this  
tooeezie

YES, another idea for DLC, but please look

In regards to both online and offline; castle crashing and arena, I think the game could highly benefit from long distance melee weapons.

i.e. A spear that was twice the length of the character (meaning in length, not in width or overall massive size) , that can be used it conjunction with the shield.

For balancing issues of course, using the shield and spear drastically reduces agility and if your using them both in conjunction your still vulnerable to arrows and magic attacks, but at a reduced damage.

i.e. With the shield by itself you take no damage from projectiles; with no shield out, you take (rounded) 30 damage from projectiles; while holding the spear and shield you take (rounded) 10 damage from average damage projectiles. (damage acceptable to change based on better balancing; and damage dealt would still vary on the power of the projectile)

It isn't out of reason and could add a whole new aspect of tactical play.

Warriors in the arena would no longer be forced the go face to face with mages who in turn will magic jump and run away.

I believe it is a better balancing aspect than adding cheap, annoying combos that could stop annoyances in the arena; and dont see any way in this back-lashing. Please respond with support, added ideas,and ways this idea could affect the game negatively.

Ok, i think I see what you mean.

Out of an example, say you had a Chainsaw (which is usually heavy) and it drastically lowered your agility. In a way though, it also increases your Defense in conjuction with the shield. The Chainsaw COULD be twice as big as you, since most of the characters are so damn tiny and cool. :lol:

I think you took it the wrong way.

I didn't mean it in the way of huge weapons, but rather long weapons.

My example of the spear was for the length. As a visualization, if you could picture ancient rome and their warriors of how they fought with long spears and a shield to protect themselves from getting close to annoying enemies. (ie. jumping mages)

Oh ok. What if you used the shield (with the spear) and advanced on your enemy, like tactics from older times? When you finally touch them, would they get damaged? :?

There are long spears in some of the artwork. I've sort of wondered why that is, and where that idea went off to.

Oh ok. What if you used the shield (with the spear) and advanced on your enemy, like tactics from older times? When you finally touch them, would they get damaged? :?

Of course when you get there you could hurt them. If your thinking this could be unbalances thats why i added the slow agility aspect and the acceptance of projectile damage even with the shield out. The damage would be slightly higher than normal melee but would attack slower. I really only thought of this to prevent mage jumping. And provide and tactical gameplay element.

It seems pretty fair, but you already go slow enough when you walk with your shield in place. If you mean slower than this, well that's a probably a little too slow. Either way, it is a pretty good idea! That's the only negative critisicsm I'm giving. :lol:

It seems pretty fair, but you already go slow enough when you walk with your shield in place. If you mean slower than this, well that's a probably a little too slow. Either way, it is a pretty good idea! That's the only negative critisicsm I'm giving. :lol:

Yea i know ive though of this but if there wasnt any disadvantage to the spear and shield combo than people who used the shield normally would just spam attack with the shield just for the hell of it. There is probably a better disadvantage aspect for it but i cant think of anything atm.