Sign in to follow this  
drunken feedle

Guess the release date?

i feel stupid asking this but is the game done or r they still working on it or are they just putting some of their magic touch like its almost done just polishing it

well i think this game should come this september the earliest or march the latest.

But if it doesnt come out within that time then 2017

December 24th, 2012. Just because its not releasing this summer and I see Behemoth perfecting it for Holidays 2012.

I sitll say early 2013, but im getting a slight bit worried about Behemoth. Now, they developed games before, but im starting to feel like they might be starting to say "Oh, this would be another cool feature to add." While of course, I would like a larger game then a shorter one, from what I understand is that no game is ever fully complete. There will always be those features you wan't to add. I know the Behemoth probobly understands it, but it still worries me that they might be holding the game off a little bit each time so they can add this cool feature they just thought of.

But if the game come's out as the jugurnaut of all content, then the wait is still worth it.

I sitll say early 2013, but im getting a slight bit worried about Behemoth. Now, they developed games before, but im starting to feel like they might be starting to say "Oh, this would be another cool feature to add." While of course, I would like a larger game then a shorter one, from what I understand is that no game is ever fully complete. There will always be those features you wan't to add. I know the Behemoth probobly understands it, but it still worries me that they might be holding the game off a little bit each time so they can add this cool feature they just thought of.

But if the game come's out as the jugurnaut of all content, then the wait is still worth it.

Well I'm fine if they're doing that! If the cool new features make the game more awesome, I'll wait longer for them.

I sitll say early 2013, but im getting a slight bit worried about Behemoth. Now, they developed games before, but im starting to feel like they might be starting to say "Oh, this would be another cool feature to add."

this is not what we're doing.

whew! :)

to date, castle crashers took longer than this.

I sitll say early 2013, but im getting a slight bit worried about Behemoth. Now, they developed games before, but im starting to feel like they might be starting to say "Oh, this would be another cool feature to add."

off topic but please tell me you still have the soccer game mode im so interested in it

off topic but please tell me you still have the soccer game mode im so interested in it

mmhmmm

I think Dan said something around the spring which was, "not soon." I'm guessing March 2013. The newspaper on the homepage has 7/13/29, i'm sure the game is suppose to take place in that year, but it almost seems like if we had that release date from the get go, they might have lost some followers.

Well Dan keeps on talking about how Castle Crashers has taken longer to release then BattleBlock Theater. Castle Crashers has taken 4 years to release *2005 - 2008*

BattleBlock Theater is currently on it's fourth year, so could that mean BattleBlock Theater could release this year? Or were the words about Castle Crashers mearly trying to calm fans down, we may never know.

But you do also have almost double the staff that you did on castle crashers

So technically this game would take 5-6 years with the Castle Crashers staff, right?

So technically this game would take 5-6 years with the Castle Crashers staff, right?

I think you might be a little too impatient.

And you're on PS3. You do realize that the game isn't coming out for another 1-2 years for us, right? You're so hyped for a release date, and I'm not too sure why...

They are the ones who know when their game is done, not us. So stop being pushy, because it won't hurry them up one bit. (Not trying to be mean; just getting the point out.) :-P

Edited by Zephyr
  • Upvote 1

ya the behemoth thinks its ok how long there taking on the game because castle crashers took three years,this does not make it ok,it means the behemoth is a bad compony

ya the behemoth thinks its ok how long there taking on the game because castle crashers took three years,this does not make it ok,it means the behemoth is a bad compony

Amen to that. The Behemoth is such a terrible company for not releasing a game to the pushy fans. I mean, god, it's not like they're working their hearts out on it or anything, amirite? What really draws the line for me is that they show us development updates rather often! That's a sure sign they truly hate us and are such a bad company!

Why isn't this guy an admin yet??

Hallo guys!!! I am a big fan of CC and AH from Russia!!!

release dates? where we're going we don't need release dates.

What a disappointment!!!We are Fans!!Wait for the game, and u saw us disrespect. Dan Paladin and Tom Fullp was much better!!!

P.S. Sorry for my English All The Best Guys!!!

lol....this topic was started over 2 years ago......

,___,

{o,O}

|)``)

-"-"-

O RLY?

I think you deserve Mod status for being such a smart person. Guys, give the fellow a Nobel Prize. Seriously though, dude, just leave if you're gonna troll The Behemoth. It's okay if you want to state opinion, but bashing a company, on their forums I might add, and with no real reason, is just idiotic.

Edited by Dropped Your Pocket

They are the ones who know when their game is done, not us. So stop being pushy, because it won't hurry them up one bit. (Not trying to be mean; just getting the point out.) :-P

I was not trying to be pushy, I was just making a point to the people that even though it has not taken as long as Castle Crashers it has way more people working on it and will be amazing even though it has taken less time

And I do want a release date because my friend has an XBOX 360 so when it comes out we are going to go to his house from friday-sunday and play it straight, so for that reason Zephyr, is why I want a release date. :)

YEAH PS3 all the way!

and even though in some of my post I sound pushy, I am actually glad that they are taking their time

And I say December 21, 2012

Well Dan keeps on talking about how Castle Crashers has taken longer to release then BattleBlock Theater.

The reason I bring it up is in response to some people suggesting that we're taking 'too long'. To have the frame of reference that both game development cycles are similar in length of time is a good thing for us all to remember. It clears the air of that notion and reminds us all how much work our previous title took to make. Had Castle Crashers been cut a year or two short it would have flopped on its face.

I think you're right - BBT cycle might be a few months longer than CC to date. I may have mistaken that. BattleBlock is simply a bigger game overall so it makes sense.

It'll be worth it, I promise :)

• Upvote 3