Sign in to follow this  
drunken feedle

Guess the release date?

Well Dan keeps on talking about how Castle Crashers has taken longer to release then BattleBlock Theater.

The reason I bring it up is in response to some people suggesting that we're taking 'too long'. To have the frame of reference that both game development cycles are similar in length of time is a good thing for us all to remember. It clears the air of that notion and reminds us all how much work our previous title took to make. Had Castle Crashers been cut a year or two short it would have flopped on its face.

I think you're right - BBT cycle might be a few months longer than CC to date. I may have mistaken that. BattleBlock is simply a bigger game overall so it makes sense.

It'll be worth it, I promise :)

I figured it was to show an example to calm everyone down. Here's also a good example of what would happen to each game from my knowlage.

Castle Crashers: If it was released two years ago, it would have been in that awkward 2d state. Probobly would have had less characters/weapons, and wouldn't be the great co op experiance we currently have.

BattleBlock Theater: Im going on a general guess here, but it would have less unlockables, less block types, less variaty, and generaly gameplay that isn't as fun. (Judging from people who wen't to there events, and talked about how the game has gotten more fun through the years)

lol....this topic was started over 2 years ago......

,___,

{o,O}

|)``)

-"-"-

O RLY?

ya the behemoth thinks its ok how long there taking on the game because castle crashers took three years,this does not make it ok,it means the behemoth is a bad compony

I think you deserve Mod status for being such a smart person. Guys, give the fellow a Nobel Prize. Seriously though, dude, just leave if you're gonna troll The Behemoth. It's okay if you want to state opinion, but bashing a company, on their forums I might add, and with no real reason, is just idiotic.

i do not hate the behemoth,believe me,but when the game was announced in 09,ive lost my hope as a behemoth fan and we realy need to think...is this game realy worth a three year wait for a game that we will beat in a day?

,___,

{o,O}

|)``)

-"-"-

O RLY?

ya the behemoth thinks its ok how long there taking on the game because castle crashers took three years,this does not make it ok,it means the behemoth is a bad compony

I think you deserve Mod status for being such a smart person. Guys, give the fellow a Nobel Prize. Seriously though, dude, just leave if you're gonna troll The Behemoth. It's okay if you want to state opinion, but bashing a company, on their forums I might add, and with no real reason, is just idiotic.

i do not hate the behemoth,believe me,but when the game was announced in 09,ive lost my hope as a behemoth fan and we realy need to think...is this game realy worth a three year wait for a game that we will beat in a day?

did you just say you will beat it in a day?!?! this game has over 200 levels if you would beat it in one day that would be just crazy!!!!

,___,

{o,O}

|)``)

-"-"-

O RLY?

did you just say you will beat it in a day?!?! this game has over 200 levels if you would beat it in one day that would be just crazy!!!!

Well over 200 hundred levels that take about 2-3 minuets to complete. So about 8 hours if you do the math. But I'm assuming the later levels will be very difficult and will take much longer.

,___,

{o,O}

|)``)

-"-"-

O RLY?

Well over 200 hundred levels that take about 2-3 minuets to complete. So about 8 hours if you do the math. But I'm assuming the later levels will be very difficult and will take much longer.

yes and who would play eight hours straight

So...what you're saying is that you literally have no patience?

<.<...>.>...<.<...>.>...Ummmm.....

Edited by Dropped Your Pocket

by patients u mean waiting 4-5 years?then no

No, by patience - not patients - I mean learning how to wait in general. I guarantee you, you wouldn't be complaining if they gave a release date. You're impatient and want your instant gratification. If you can't wait for something as simple as a video game, that's pretty sad. Perfect example, I played Oblivion right when it came out, and I patiently waited ~6 years for Skyrim to come out. I never complained once about it not coming out, because I knew that they were taking their time to make a great game. The Behemoth is no exception.

• Upvote 1

No, by patience - not patients - I mean learning how to wait in general. I guarantee you, you wouldn't be complaining if they gave a release date. You're impatient and want your instant gratification. If you can't wait for something as simple as a video game, that's pretty sad. Perfect example, I played Oblivion right when it came out, and I patiently waited ~6 years for Skyrim to come out. I never complained once about it not coming out, because I knew that they were taking their time to make a great game. The Behemoth is no exception.

first,the elder scrolls game is made by bethesda,in the 6 years they came out with brink,fallout new vegas,rage,quake arcade,fallout 3,quake live rage hd for ios,doom and doom 2 for xbla,and 15 add ons,so its totaly different,especialy sience all those games are way bigger than bbt,and came out faster.even the add ons are bigger and are made in a month.

seccond they dident announce skyrim untill about 2 years before the game came out.

first,the elder scrolls game is made by bethesda,in the 6 years they came out with brink,fallout new vegas,rage,quake arcade,fallout 3,quake live rage hd for ios,doom and doom 2 for xbla,and 15 add ons,so its totaly different,especialy sience all those games are way bigger than bbt,and came out faster.even the add ons are bigger and are made in a month.

seccond they dident announce skyrim untill about 2 years before the game came out.

Also remember how big Bethesda is compared to The Behemoth. Or would you prefer The Behemoth crew work as a sweatshop to get a game out ASAP just to please a greedy "fan"?

Kirby's Return to Dream Land took 11 years to create. They announced it back in 2004 and i waited 7 years for this video game to be released. Bought the game the day of its release. Length of the game is about 8 hours. So was it worth the 7 year wait in my opinion? Yes. Still play it to see if i missed anything. Point is, BBT doesnt have crap on Too Human, KRDL, or DNF. If we could wait for those games to come out (although only one was good >_>), then we can sure as hell wait for Battle Block Theater.

• Upvote 1

Kirby's Return to Dream Land took 11 years to create. They announced it back in 2004 and i waited 7 years for this video game to be released. Bought the game the day of its release. Length of the game is about 8 hours. So was it worth the 7 year wait in my opinion? Yes. Still play it to see if i missed anything. Point is, BBT doesnt have crap on Too Human, KRDL, or DNF. If we could wait for those games to come out (although only one was good >_>), then we can sure as hell wait for Battle Block Theater.

wait...what?

Also remember how big Bethesda is compared to The Behemoth. Or would you prefer The Behemoth crew work as a sweatshop to get a game out ASAP just to please a greedy "fan"?

i wasent trying to say that the bethesda comes out with games faster,i was trying to say that the reason skyrim took so long was they made so much stuff in the meen time,the behemoth has one game there making right now(that we know of).so bbt shouldent take as long

i wasent trying to say that the bethesda comes out with games faster,i was trying to say that the reason skyrim took so long was they made so much stuff in the meen time,the behemoth has one game there making right now(that we know of).so bbt shouldent take as long
  • Castle Crashers on Steam.
  • Hosting a Castle Crashers Tournament very soon.
  • Upcoming gaming conventions.
  • They're a very small company compared to most others.
  • They prefer taking their time to make one hell of a game.

This is a small list of reasons as to why they may be taking a little longer than you'd hope. Now you know, and hopefully now you won't blatantly complain about how long they're taking.

• Upvote 1

This is a small list of reasons as to why they may be taking a little longer than you'd hope. Now you know, and hopefully now you won't blatantly complain about how long they're taking.

Thank you. Knowing how I am right now, I'd probably have said that in a more...angry manner. On that note, the last bullet point speaks the truth more than any other lol.

but non of those things are big things realy.

Then, by all means, feel free to make your own list of "big things".

You must be a corporate genius. Please, share your list. We're all intrigued.

Then you make a super amazingly successful arcade game and port it to the pc, while hosting a tournament for said game on the xbox, and while preparing for a game convention, all by yourself.

It's no easier for The Behemoth. Just because they're a company doesn't mean they are some omnipotent, all-powerful group of people (even if Dan's art style kicks something hard) that are capable of something more than us normal human beings.

It's funny how whenever somebody says something dumb on these forums there are loads of replies come attacking that person. Also I change my last guess to really really soon, only because they are posting lots of in game pictures on their dev blog of stuff like gift shops, which means they're probably working on only finishing touches now to make the game look better and that they finished the main product. I hope they announce a date soon.

It's funny how whenever somebody says something dumb on these forums there are loads of replies come attacking that person.

You haven't been here very long then. We don't "attack" every person who makes a "dumb" post, it's certain people who pretty much troll the forums.

As the Illusive Man would say: "You can disagree with my actions, but don't question my motives"

It's funny how whenever somebody says something dumb on these forums there are loads of replies come attacking that person.

You haven't been here very long then. We don't "attack" every person who makes a "dumb" post, it's certain people who pretty much troll the forums.

As the Illusive Man would say: "You can disagree with my actions, but don't question my motives"

Yeah, we only attack every second person who makes a dumb post.