Sign in to follow this  
Slusheee

Super Smash Bros.

I think that Brawl was catered toward the Wii's casual gamer theme

It just took all of the competitiveness out of Smash

The characters were hardly actually 'new', most are copies

Plus most, if not all, of the original characters were modified to fit the casualness of the game.

Final smashes.

And it's just so slow! Melee/N64 is so fast paced there was hardly any down time but in Brawl it's like a game of chess (exaggeration)

The reason everything was slowed down was because of Wifi, not casual gamers.

I almost never played online, the lag was horrible

Also, I edited my post

The reason everything was slowed down was because of Wifi, not casual gamers.

I almost never played online, the lag was horrible

Also, I edited my post

I didn't find many of the characters to be copies. Certainly not more than Melee.

Also, how does slower mean less competitive?

SSB is all about the faced paced action and quick reflexes

You mean Wolf, Lucas, ZS Samus, Toon Link and Ike aren't extremely similar to their original characters? If they spend time to put in characters, they should at least have variety.

There's also the little things that just make me prefer the original games over Brawl

You mean Wolf, Lucas, ZS Samus, Toon Link and Ike aren't extremely similar to their original characters? If they spend time to put in characters, they should at least have variety.

There's also the little things that just make me prefer the original games over Brawl

Wolf is a LOT stronger than Fox, and slower.

ZS Samus's moveset is NOTHING like Samus's.

Toon Link is pretty much the only copy.

Ike isn't similar to any other character.

I think he was refering to Marth or Roy. I don't play as them, so I wouldn't know the differences.

I think he was refering to Marth or Roy. I don't play as them, so I wouldn't know the differences.

I guess you could say Ike is like Roy, although he's a lot slower and more dependent on predicting your enemy's moves.

I've always found Marth, Ike, and Roy really, really boring to play as.

I still think Mewtwo should return. He is much different than Lucario, and if they kept clones such as Toon Link (:/), why remove a non-clone?

I still think Mewtwo should return. He is much different than Lucario, and if they kept clones such as Toon Link (:/), why remove a non-clone?

Toon Link is pretty much the ONLY clone.

Although I do agree that Mewtwo is much, much better than Lucario.

I mean clone in a general term for a character who has the same exact special moves. The minor stat changes in terms of speed and strength don't cut it, they are essentially the same. This goes for the Star Fox trio, the Links, Captain Falcon and Gannondorf, and the Earthbound boys. Yes I am aware Lucas has PK Freeze instead of PK Cross. All of his other moves, however, are the same as Ness's.

^

Not pointing fingers or anything but I love how everyone mis hears Ness' voice actor

Also, double jump canceling does WONDERS

I mean clone in a general term for a character who has the same exact special moves. The minor stat changes in terms of speed and strength don't cut it, they are essentially the same. This goes for the Star Fox trio, the Links, Captain Falcon and Gannondorf, and the Earthbound boys. Yes I am aware Lucas has PK Freeze instead of PK Cross. All of his other moves, however, are the same as Ness's.

Gannondorf is almost the Captain, but quite a few of his smash moves are different.

I'll give you Star Fox.

Lucas and Ness do NOT have all the same moves. Ness uses a yo-yo for several attacks, while Lucas has a lot more generic PK attacks. Yeah, they're PK Thunder and Fire are similar, but thats basically it.

(I'm not taking Final Smashes into account here. I always have them off)

So thats 3 (Fox and Falco and Wolf, Link and Toon Link) clones for SSBB, and 5 for SSBM (Mario and Doctor Mario, Pikachu and Pichu, Captain Falcon and Gannondorf, Link and Young Link, and Fox and Falco)

I mean clone in a general term for a character who has the same exact special moves.

This excludes Lucas's PK Freeze, but nothing else from anyone.

Also: PK Flash is the name? Well than just what the hell is he saying?

I mean clone in a general term for a character who has the same exact special moves.

None of the moves are "special moves" except final smashes.

They can all be preformed from the start (with the exception of those that have to charge up, and Wario's fart)

I don't even know, it sounds like PK Pulse to me

And I think he meant special moves as in B moves

I don't even know, it sounds like PK Pulse to me

And I think he meant special moves as in B moves

Yes. The B moves are called Special Moves according to the DoJo.

Clones: Characters that have the exact same Special AND most of the smash moves, Including slight variations such as Wolf/Falco/Fox shield. THESE INCLUDE (but are not limited to) Roy, Pichu, Falco, Wolf, Ganon, Dr. Mario, Young/Toon Link.

Half-Clones: Characters that have Slightly different smash/special movesets. These Include: (But are not limited to) Lucas, Luigi, Lucario (can't think of any others :/ )

So...... yeah.

BTW, I would love a game that has all characters/stages from all 3 games w/brawl graphics plus new ones on the same disc. Of course this would never happen, but I wish (If this comes true, maybe VALVe vs Capcom has a chance! :D:lol: )

My favorite characters from each game:

Super Smash Bros;

1. Link

2. Mario

(I haven't played this game in a LONG time, so these are the only ones I remember)

Super Smash Bros. Melee:

1. Falco

2. Luigi

3. Donkey Kong

Super Smash Bros. Brawl:

1. Olimar

2. Snake

3. Toon Link

Here are my favorite characters from each game, in order from favorite to least favorite.

N64:

1: Mario

Melee:

1: Pichu

2: Marth

3: Shiek

Brawl:

1: Meta Knight

2: Peach (I'm actually better at Peach than any other character)

3: Toon Link

Unlike Melee and N64, though, there are tons of characters I love to play as in Brawl. In the N64 version it was just Mario, and in Melee it was just Pichu, Marth, and Shiek. In Brawl, there are several different characters I like playing as.

Half-Clones: Characters that have Slightly different smash/special movesets. These Include: (But are not limited to) Lucas, Luigi, Lucario (can't think of any others :/ )

Who exactly is Lucario a half-clone of? Only other similar to him that i can think of is Mewtwo, and they only share one move.

Who exactly is Lucario a half-clone of? Only other similar to him that i can think of is Mewtwo, and they only share one move.

Yeah, I don't see how Lucario is a clone either.

He has a charge shot, but nothing else is really a copy.