Sign in to follow this  
Roy-G-Biv

Scott Pilgrim vs the World THE GAME

Man, Lucas just doesn't want me to win. :(
The game can feel really harsh at times

Especially when it glitches in Roxie's level 5 times in a row. FIVE TIMES IVE HAD TO REPLAY IT...and its till glitching

Stll fun as love though

I tried the Demo and, to be honest I really didn't enjoy it too much. I'm sure it would be a lot more fun with friends, but it just felt slow and fighting the enemy's too me was just boring. Just my personal opinion, I loved the art style though.

I tried the Demo and, to be honest I really didn't enjoy it too much. I'm sure it would be a lot more fun with friends, but it just felt slow and fighting the enemy's too me was just boring. Just my personal opinion, I loved the art style though.

The game defiantly starts off slow, but after you've leveled up a bit you'll have access to a lot of awesome moves. (grabbing ftw) Also, if your playing with other people, and you all taunt at the same time (hold down the x button for 2 seconds, or if your on PS3 hold down the square button for 2 seconds) you'll perform an amazing team attack.

The game defiantly starts off slow, but after you've leveled up a bit you'll have access to a lot of awesome moves. (grabbing ftw) Also, if your playing with other people, and you all taunt at the same time (hold down the x button for 2 seconds, or if your on PS3 hold down the square button for 2 seconds) you'll perform an amazing team attack.

I beat the first level in the demo by using two moves. I hardly even used weapons.

I like the art style and all, but the combat is really, really boring.

Man, Lucas just doesn't want me to win. :(
The game can feel really harsh at times

Especially when it glitches in Roxie's level 5 times in a row. FIVE TIMES IVE HAD TO REPLAY IT...and its till glitching

Stll fun as love though

I don't know, when ever I played Scott in his blue shirt, the stage kept freezing. After I made him wear the pink shirt, it did not freeze again. Hmm, I think that some people had problems when they wore a different color for their character.

Meh, I still had fun either way. Once you level up and increase your speed, the action becomes a lot faster.

i recently purchased the game and love it

reason being i live about 40 mins away from toronto and visit the city alot

Also theres tons of reference to many childhood games in scott pilgrim

clash at demonhead in the record store for one...

great nes game

If you dont like river city ransom then dont buy this game

btw: river city ransom was a famous nes game with super dodge ball characters

the same ones dan paladin and tom fulp are drawn at the start of castle crashers giving each other high 5

Cudos to a great game and yes it sucks no online play

So chris pilgrim is worth getting? Yes I renamed it after saying that so many times.

Well, did you play the demo? I would say if you love beat-em-ups, there is a good chance you'll love this one, but at first it may start slow, but it gets better later in the game when you have more moves, speed, and so forth. To me, this game has a lot of charm to it.

Also, I can't believe that Lucas is only the second boss, but he is one of the tougher boss fights in the game! Man, even with 100 def, speed, and will power, he is still able to knock me around! (Not as badly like during the begining of the game though) But I guess that only makes him even more awesome!

The final level is a horrible move by Ubisofts part, i know its trying to replicate Megaman 2's Final Boss, and that it uses robotic enemies and etc, but the level itself is way too damn long and wastes your lives even you screw up just a bit.

And again, theres no excuse that Ubisoft shouldent patch in online, its 2010, i expect online in a 4 player beat'em up for a console that can handle online play.

And finally, the Mr.Chau character almost never appears on the map, and hes supposed to be a unlockable character, so how is it fair that people have to constantly exit levels to check the world map to have a slight probability to actually see him on the map to fight him?

Bad design choices are bad.

The final level is a horrible move by Ubisofts part, i know its trying to replicate Megaman 2's Final Boss, and that it uses robotic enemies and etc, but the level itself is way too damn long and wastes your lives even you screw up just a bit.

And again, theres no excuse that Ubisoft shouldent patch in online, its 2010, i expect online in a 4 player beat'em up for a console that can handle online play.

And finally, the Mr.Chau character almost never appears on the map, and hes supposed to be a unlockable character, so how is it fair that people have to constantly exit levels to check the world map to have a slight probability to actually see him on the map to fight him?

Bad design choices are bad.

About Mr. Chau,

If you beat him, you get him as an extra assist character, not a playable one.

So chris pilgrim is worth getting? Yes I renamed it after saying that so many times.
It is so worth getting. Its probably the best Arcade title since Castle Crashers, and is a must buy for fans of the beat-em-up genre

Oh, and ALTERNATE ENDINGS :D

Controls are a bit weird, but what really holds be back is the lack of online multiplayer
A good game shouldn't need to be held up by an online multiplayer mode

Sure it would help, but the game is worth the price-tag even without online multiplayer, in my opinion

Man, I beat the game with Scott, now playing the game as Ramona, and WOW, I got REALLY LUCKY when I was fighting Lucas Lee. All my stats are zero, except for my Will Power, which is 72. I am on my last life, one more hit and I am dead, (Low hp and no more guts) and Lucas is almost dead too. I was trying to play it safe, but then his skateboard buddies came out, and killed me. I was like, "Great, now I have to do this all over again...." BUT, Lucas was standing near me when I died, when I fell on him, (Or maybe when I got hit, one of the guys could of dropped his skateboard on him) I heard the KO sound. To my surprise, I got back up, even with my hp and guts at zero, with Lucas defeated. 0_o

Talk about insane!

Controls are a bit weird, but what really holds be back is the lack of online multiplayer

Sure it would help, but the game is worth the price-tag even without online multiplayer, in my opinion

Honestly no, i cant forgive it, Ubisoft put online in the Turtles In Time remake, so why not another beat'em up game like Scott Pilgrim?

Its just unthinkable, because not everyone has the time to have a friend over to play it, which is the best way to play this game, alone, its just not as good.

I know what you mean, but no online multiplayer=no multiplayer at all for me, i have no local friends

Honestly no, i cant forgive it, Ubisoft put online in the Turtles In Time remake, so why not another beat'em up game like Scott Pilgrim?

Its just unthinkable, because not everyone has the time to have a friend over to play it, which is the best way to play this game, alone, its just not as good.

I read an interview of a game, and it said it was most likey because they did not have enough time, so they had to drop online. I wish I could find it again, but however, I can't. I'll keep looking for it.

Anyways, did anyone notice that before you fight the Twins, when it shows their cut-in, did you see that Kyle (Brown hair) looked the when he did in the comics? His hair is a little more longer than Ken, and he is wearing his clothes from the comic book. But in the game, he is just a palette swap of Ken.

EDIT: Here is the image.

Anyways, did anyone notice that before you fight the Twins, when it shows their cut-in, did you see that Kyle (Brown hair) looked the when he did in the comics? His hair is a little more longer than Ken, and he is wearing his clothes from the comic book. But in the game, he is just a palette swap of Ken
I noticed it, too

I've finished the game with Scott and Kim, about to play through as Ramona, on a harder difficulty setting than Average Joe. Still haven't managed to beat Mr. Chau, after only encountering him once anyway

Still enjoying the game after completing it twice through. I wish there were more characters :lol: