Sign in to follow this  
Roy-G-Biv

Scott Pilgrim vs the World THE GAME

I tried the Demo and, to be honest I really didn't enjoy it too much. I'm sure it would be a lot more fun with friends, but it just felt slow and fighting the enemy's too me was just boring. Just my personal opinion, I loved the art style though.

The game defiantly starts off slow, but after you've leveled up a bit you'll have access to a lot of awesome moves. (grabbing ftw) Also, if your playing with other people, and you all taunt at the same time (hold down the x button for 2 seconds, or if your on PS3 hold down the square button for 2 seconds) you'll perform an amazing team attack.

I beat the first level in the demo by using two moves. I hardly even used weapons.

I like the art style and all, but the combat is really, really boring.

Don't worry, it picks up relatively well. Especially when you get the early combos and up your speed a bit, also, if you haven't gotten into the Scott Pilgrim series Id highly recommend it. I think that's right up your ally.

Anyways, did anyone notice that before you fight the Twins, when it shows their cut-in, did you see that Kyle (Brown hair) looked the when he did in the comics? His hair is a little more longer than Ken, and he is wearing his clothes from the comic book. But in the game, he is just a palette swap of Ken
I noticed it, too

I've finished the game with Scott and Kim, about to play through as Ramona, on a harder difficulty setting than Average Joe. Still haven't managed to beat Mr. Chau, after only encountering him once anyway

Still enjoying the game after completing it twice through. I wish there were more characters :lol:

It would of been cool if Kyle looked that way in game.

I have been playing on the hardest setting the whole time, and not increasing my strength at all until I get to Gideon's stage. Makes the bosses much more fun, except for the second to last boss. I had to increase my power for that, because it takes way too long to kill him with that much attack power.

There is a 6th character, who will be DLC. Also, Ramona is quite overpowered IMO. She can be in hyper mode like all the time.

EDIT: I found the interview!

The game has local co-op, but you don't have any online co-op in the game. Why not?

Honestly, it's because of the the time frame we had; because we were coming out on PlayStation the same time as the movie -- and we wanted to make sure that the quality of the gameplay would be super good and the fans would be happy about the gameplay. So at some point, it was a production decision to do that.

Since the old-school games were local multiplayer, we went that way. But there was a decision that was made partly because of the production and partly with the design team. We would liked to have had it, but there was a risk at some point, and we wanted to make sure that we got great gameplay in time.

I only have Ramona left to beat the game with, but yet again, everytime i want to enjoy this game i need to invite at least one friend over.

Its becoming a chore honestly, all i ask is that they implement online.

I hate my friend he says he wont pay 800 MSP for scott pilgrim because there's no online coop. However he says he would pay 1200 MSP if it did have online coop. Just seems stupid to me the game is fine without it.

i got it, i have a maxed out ramona...:) gideon is fun to fight

It's not like CC is it? When you start a new game then all of it resets right?

ramona is super OP. i maxed all her stats and she is so pro. lol. i can kill all the ex bfs in like 20 seconds! :D

That is the reason why I don't find it fun to increase the strength stat. Makes the game way too easy. Everything is more fun and harder IMO if you play through the game not your increasing strength.

i got it, i have a maxed out ramona...:) gideon is fun to fight

It's not like CC is it? When you start a new game then all of it resets right?

I don't think so if you play with the same character, your stats will be the same if you play on a different difficulty. If you want to play through the whole game fair and square with the same character, I think you have to reset them. I wish that if you were to start a new game with a character you already played as, it would ask you if you want to play it with all your stats from the last game or start over.

i waited till after gideon to level up my strength. and no its not like cc. u can have 4(1 secret also) characters and they dont reset :)

Hey guys, how was overall your favorite evil ex to fight? Mine has to be the twins. The background, the music, and the moves they did are just so awesome. While not too tough, if you fight them with 0 power, fighting them becomes intense. I also learned that they can combo you pretty well if there is one of them on both your sides, and they can actually dish out damage to you quickly. They then did their dragon uppercut both at the same time, sending me flying. I was getting owned, but it was EPIC. With higher power, they are not so tough, because they don't have too much hp compared to some of the other bosses. Also with higher power, if they knock you hard and you go flying back right into them, you'll deal more damage depending on your strength stat. With like 0 strength, you'll only deal 4 damage if this happens, while with 100, you'll deal massive damage. Because with higher power they can die pretty fast, most people don't see them as hard bosses, but with low power, the battle is at its maximum potential.

i liked fighting the ninja chick cuz her moves and the music :D

ps. has anyone been experiencing freezing problems? my game occasionally freezes from time to time randomly.

Just got back from SPvsTW in theater, it was AMAZING! Now I HAVE to get this game! (I would've gotten it already anyway but I have Bipolar internet connection :cry: )

i liked fighting the ninja chick cuz her moves and the music :D

ps. has anyone been experiencing freezing problems? my game occasionally freezes from time to time randomly.

Only threes time it has happened to me. No big deal though. This game is still amazing.

Tried the game again as Stills and liked it a LOT more.

I'm probably gonna get this sometime soon.

Huzzah! Once you do, I say it is best to not upgrade your strength too high, or heck, even half way, because it really breaks the game and makes it not as fun IMO, unless you are fine with epicly owning everything with little to no effort.

Tried the game again as Stills and liked it a LOT more.

I'm probably gonna get this sometime soon.

Huzzah! Once you do, I say it is best to not upgrade your strength too high, or heck, even half way, because it really breaks the game and makes it not as fun IMO, unless you are fine with epicly owning everything with little to no effort.
Agreed, I'm playing through as Ramona right now, and have decided not to purchase any of the upgrades (until maybe fighting Gideon) and the game is a whole lot tougher, but a lot more fun at the same time :D

I love the soundtrack so much :arrow:

Oh, and I've made another of my friends fall in love with Scott Pilgrim, so he's learning the in-game tracks on his guitar

i beat the game last night and to those that dont know

bionic arm does give you a super advantage

buying 2x of them makes you full str

Just want to add a little note that theres over 100 video game references

Clash at demonhead (nes game)

crash city and the boys (nes game)

river city ransom (What the game was made off of) nes

kirby

super mario bro 2,3

Dragons lair (end fight with gideon when hes on the checkered floor is the lightning shock night near the end)

Legend of kage

TMNT arcade

Skate or die

Pokemon

Street fighter

marvel vs capcom (todd pilgrim)

guitar hero

zelda

theres a few more references to other things like smashing pumpkins etc..