Sign in to follow this  
Roy-G-Biv

Scott Pilgrim vs the World THE GAME

I just got volumes 1-4, and I must say, THEY ARE AWESOME! Lucas and Todd are so awesome in the books. I can't wait to read the book with the K. Twins! :D

Also, during the development of the game,

there was going to be a level where you would fight Simon Lee, a person Scott had to defeat in order to save Kim in the past, but it got cut. :cry: There is actually alot of interesting things you find here, but be warn, some things may get spoiled for you, such as the 6th DLC character. Maybe, I don't know, in the end it can turn out to be something different, but probably not.

http://vgtribune.com/scott-pilgrim-vs-t ... -the-game/

http://boutain.blogspot.com/2010/08/sco ... me_23.html

If they had a battle with Todd like that, it would have been very epic! I am talking about if they had that alternate battle at Honest Ed.

im trying to make it to the top of the leaderboards

just made it in at 1000ish

theres morons modding the game already

moroku7 or whatever did it and its been confirmed

so send him the hate

Want to add some tips

buy bionic arm x2

enter power of love code

beat the game easy

I went to my friend's house yesterday, and after we couldn't figure out what to do, I suggested we try the demo for this (because I wasn't able to at my house). So, we start playing, and immediately start to have fun. After we got to the boss, we decided we would buy it (I would have bought it anyway).

So we got it, and started playing. We kept playing until 4 am. :lol:

Then we woke up and played for more hours.

TLDR; I tried this game at my friend's house, and we love it.

Want to add some tips

buy bionic arm x2

enter power of love code

beat the game easy

NO THIS IS TOO CHEAP! :twisted::twisted::twisted::twisted:

Okay, that was weird. Anyways, if you ever want to increase your stats, Wallace's shop is not worth it. You can go to the CD or book store, and buy those items with your money. You'll get the same stat increase (You have to buy the item multiple times though), and waste less money. For example,

Bionic arm: 129.95, 50 Strength

Smashing Turnips: 16.95, 8 Strength

7 Smashing Turnips: 118.65, 56 Strength

ANYWAYS, I just beat Gideon with 0 power! It was so intense! But it was really hard, too. He proves to be quite a challenge like this. You should try it some time, guys! But then again, you'll have to fight Gigadeon with 0 strength too......... If any of you guys try this, I wish you luck! If you are having problems trying to fight Gigadeon like this, here is a tip,

For Gigadeon, once he gets his heart out, if you have 100 willpower, which is what I think you should have if you are doing this, use your RB attack on him, and you should be able to do it four times before he covers his heart again. With max willpower, you'll deal 42 damage with each hit, which means this is the fastest way to beat him, if you have 0 strength

Want to add some tips

buy bionic arm x2

enter power of love code

beat the game easy

Okay, that was weird. Anyways, if you ever want to increase your stats, Wallace's shop is not worth it. You can go to the CD or book store, and buy those items with your money. You'll get the same stat increase (You have to buy the item multiple times though), and waste less money. For example,

ANYWAYS, I just beat Gideon with 0 power! It was so intense! But it was really hard, too. He proves to be quite a challenge like this. You should try it some time, guys! But then again, you'll have to fight Gigadeon with 0 strength too......... If any of you guys try this, I wish you luck! If you are having problems trying to fight Gigadeon like this, here is a tip,

For Gigadeon, once he gets his heart out, if you have 100 willpower, which is what I think you should have if you are doing this, use your RB attack on him, and you should be able to do it four times before he covers his heart again. With max willpower, you'll deal 42 damage with each hit, which means this is the fastest way to beat him, if you have 0 strength

hows that any different from having mag str?

thats like playing castle crashers with max magic and killing a boss with only magic

Want to add some tips

buy bionic arm x2

enter power of love code

beat the game easy

hows that any different from having mag str?

thats like playing castle crashers with max magic and killing a boss with only magic

This is the only boss where I'll use that move if I am playing with 0 strength.

Why?

Because fighting Gideon's third form with 0 strength is really fun, however, Gigadeon, is not fun at all, well, I guess it is still fun, as it is still epic. Anyways, it takes WAY too much time beat him, if you fight him with zero strength. You only deal damage to him when his heart is out, and he has ALOT of HP. Because of the way the battle is, having to take out his arms, to attack the heart for a few seconds, only having to do it again till he is dead, having low power could make the battle last like 1 hour or more, I think, if you only use your normal attacks. Heck, even using the RB attack to fight Gigadeon, it probably took me 20 minutes or more to beat him. The only reason I did this so that I could fight the real Gideon with 0 strength, I didn't really want to waste 1 hour of my time fighting Gigadeon, losing lives in the process, increasing the chance of losing the stage, which would mean that doing all that would of been pointless. I mean, you DON'T need to do this in order to pass Gigadeon, I am just saying do this will waste less of your time. The battle is still insane though.

Anyways, I forgot to add this part if you want to fight the final boss with 0 strength. I missed this part for Gigadeon,

Only use your RB attack on him when his heart is out, using it on his arms is pointless. You want as much fire power as you can for this boss, waste it on his actually HP. Just punch his arms to death, then smack him with your RB attack. You want a few extra lives though, You'll waste AT LEAST one if you fight Gigideon this way. 7-9 is a good choice. :P

EDIT: Okay, here is the updated Gigadeon tip for 0 strength run if you want to fight Gideon with 0 strength, man what a mouth full. :P

For Gigadeon, once he gets his heart out, if you have 100 willpower, which is what I think you should have if you are doing this, use your RB attack on him, and you should be able to do it four times before he covers his heart again. With max willpower, you'll deal 42 damage with each hit, which means this is the fastest way to beat him, if you have 0 strength. Only use your RB attack on him when his heart is out, using it on his arms is pointless. You want as much fire power as you can for this boss, waste it on his actually HP. Just punch his arms to death, then smack him with your RB attack when his heart is open. You want a few extra lives though, You'll waste AT LEAST one if you fight Gigideon this way. 7-9 is a good choice. The battle will still take 20 minutes or more by doing this. This is why this is a good way to do it, using normal attacks only will cause the battle to be like 1 hour long or something, so yeah.

you'll actually save money in the long run if you pay off the video late fees, rather than going to the mystery shop. (it's trying to teach you good morals) ;)

Just tried the trial for a few minutes a few days ago.

So far, I'm enjoying it.

Not sure why some of my friends deem it "boring".

And DEM PIXELS! :o

*Hypnotized-eyes*

I can afford it, but at the same time, I'm trying to save up for two others games that I equally want.

ARRRRGH. I hate having to make choices. x.x

you'll actually save money in the long run if you pay off the video late fees, rather than going to the mystery shop. (it's trying to teach you good morals) ;)

This. If you pay off Scott's late fees, you'll be able to buy epic power-ups cheap. I only spent about $30 and my stats almost doubled.

I just got the first and second volumes of the Scott Pilgrim comics. Didn't love love love the first one (just love loved it), but the second one was super awesome. Lucas Lee continues to be my favorite Evil Ex, thus he has earned a temporary spot as my avatar.

Lucas Lee continues to be my favorite Evil Ex, thus he has earned a temporary spot as my avatar.

I agree. Lucas Lee has to my favorite one so far. Todd and Roxie do provide some really funny moments though. This game gave me a good impression on the twins, I can't wait to see what they are like in volume 5.

Also, I just beat Mr. Chau with 0 strength! :shock: Wasn't even trying to find him, he showed so I though, meh, I'll try. The rest of my stats were maxed, I entered the battle with around 150 HP, and 200 guts points. I ended the battle with 0 HP and 0 GP. :P If both your HP and GP get knocked to zero, BUT you don't get knocked down, you'll still be alive. Once that happened, I thought I was going to lose, but luckly, I held my ground, and beat him. I feel special for doing such a thing! (Seeing how he doesn't appear much)

Just tried the trial for a few minutes a few days ago.

So far, I'm enjoying it.

Not sure why some of my friends deem it "boring".

And DEM PIXELS! :o

*Hypnotized-eyes*

I can afford it, but at the same time, I'm trying to save up for two others games that I equally want.

ARRRRGH. I hate having to make choices. x.x

What are the other games you want?

Also, I just beat Mr. Chau with 0 strength! :shock: Wasn't even trying to find him, he showed so I though, meh, I'll try. The rest of my stats were maxed, I entered the battle with around 150 HP, and 200 guts points. I ended the battle with 0 HP and 0 GP. :P

Nice job. :)

---

I was at my friend's yesterday, and I got to play it. I actually found Mr. Chau (playing as Kim), and went to fight him. Needless to say, I wasn't prepared, and he murdered me. But I did have low hp, and gut points.

A few hours later, after almost maxing my stats, I found him again, and managed to beat him. :D

I love this game.

Out of my 4 playthroughs I've only encountered Mr. Chau once, and that was whilst playing as Scott (the first character I completed it with)

I'm now playing through as Stephen Stills, and only have Nega-Scott and Gideon to beat

I'm so unlucky

Out of my 4 playthroughs I've only encountered Mr. Chau once, and that was whilst playing as Scott (the first character I completed it with)

I'm now playing through as Stephen Stills, and only have Nega-Scott and Gideon to beat

I'm so unlucky

So far, I met him 3 times. (2 wins, 1 lose. That one lose I had hardly any HP. :P )

I just beat the game with Stephen Stills! :D Took forever, though. My game kept freezing during the battle with Gigadeon. (I wasted like, 3 to 4 hours, going back to the fight, only having it freeze some where in it) I was going insane! :cry: I then changed Stephen Stills's color from red to white, and it didn't freeze at all. I swear, freezing has to do with costume colors.

Time to play as the secret character! :D

just wanted to add that nega scott level 16 with his other hadoken unlocked = deadly

hes the best character in the game hands down

as for the books

the fights are not as epic as the game

most of the enemies are defeated in the books rather quickly or through ways of little melee

thought todd would have been a big fight in the books...

same with the twins

just remember one thing...

the twins are based on double dragon (billy and jimmy)

not Ryu and Ken (even though one is named ken)

also the cyclone kick came out long before the hurricane kick

in the book they talk like the crimson brothers from gi joe

those who followed the series might know

i found the first 3 books the best in the series

the rest of them kind of drag on

there might be a 7th book but who knows

Actuly i think thay are killed pretty slowly. I mean the minions are extremly boring to fight.

I like the fight in th book's they are not going overboard whit super mega super beam like in other comic's.

Damn i love the books so f much!

I'm so unlucky

Dang, are you serious? My brother and I ran into him near the beginning of the game, while we were both almost dead, and he wrecked us.

Actuly i think thay are killed pretty slowly. I mean the minions are extremly boring to fight.

Wait a sec, are you talking about the comic or the game? :?

Dude offcourse im talking about the game.

It takes more time killing a enemy in the game than it takes for me to read a boss battle.

And i think the fights in the books are great, not to long, not to short.

I hate how the enemys in the game can get like 6 block's in a row.

Haven't gotten so far yet so don't know about special abilitys and such.

Any way if scott pilgrim had online paly i would buy the full version and not cared to wait for cc.

And hopfully i can borrow my mom's credit card to get scott pilgrim to.

No, i dont have a credit card.

Dude offcourse im talking about the game.

It takes more time killing a enemy in the game than it takes for me to read a boss battle.

I hate how the enemys in the game can get like 6 block's in a row.

Haven't gotten so far yet so don't know about special abilitys and such.

It doesn't take too long.

Bosses can also get like 6 blocks in a row. You just have play the game more, and once you know what to do, you won't need to keep punching them until they stop blocking, for the most part.

you won't need to keep punching them until they stop blocking, for the most part.

I find it better to just take a step away, wait until they move ever so slightly, and then go in and beat them up. If you're quick, they won't be able to block. There are cases where they can block, but that scenario is rare.

You probably know this already, but some others don't, which is why I'm posting this. :)

Same for me.

Okay so i relly whant this game but here's the problem.

I have a total of 170kr

Scott pilgrim cost 90kr

And Castle crashers cost an estimate of 110kr

So you see my dilema? I can't get any more cash for now sicne i don't have a credit card. I will get more cash on the account intime BUT i on't know wich game i whan buy first.

CC isen't even realesed yet and whan play scott now. Butt CC might be realesed sone and i whan play it then!

you won't need to keep punching them until they stop blocking, for the most part.

I find it better to just take a step away, wait until they move ever so slightly, and then go in and beat them up. If you're quick, they won't be able to block. There are cases where they can block, but that scenario is rare.

You probably know this already, but some others don't, which is why I'm posting this. :)

I do this alot too, for the most part. However, you know the foe, Richard? The guy with blonde hair who keeps grabbing weapons and throws them at you? Those guys are so annoying. They block like ALL THE TIME. They are just as annoying as the paparazzi. (Funny, because they have very similar faces and hair styles)