Sign in to follow this  
Tyndras

Fat Princess

Fat Princess is basically a midieval strategy game/TF2 hybrid with giant chickens, people-flinging catapult/trampolines, man-eating giants and etc. Unfortunately, it is a PS3-PSP exclusive. For those of you who have a PS3/PSP, this is how the first game-mode works:

You and your 15 teammates must capture the enemy princess, whom the enemy feeds cake to make her heavier and harder to transport, and vice versa. There are 6 classes, (other than The Reaper, the Giant Chicken, the Chicken, the Giant, the Pirate, and the Ninja, the latter three come in an expansion pack) the Warrior, the Mage, the Ranger, the Priest, the Worker and the Villager. The PS3 version has 10 maps and 7 game modes, but the PSP version has an extra 4, but i think lacks the expansion pack.

Don't judge the game based on my drivel, download the demo yourself. i think the game itself is 8$. I forget. Actually, yeah, 8$.

FatPrincessTitle.jpg

090807FatPrincessLeadArt.hmedium.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iOkOAZqh4Og&NR=1

Also, it's 4 player both offline and online. But online the maximum is 32 players. And you can customize and such.

It isn't a TF2 hybird, it's cartoony.

I hate how they bombarded it with DLC, and now whenever I play it it's like it's shoving the DLC in my face, saying "BUYITBUYITBUYIT"

Really hate when games do that.

Looking at you, Halo 3.

It isn't a TF2 hybird, it's cartoony.

I hate how they bombarded it with DLC, and now whenever I play it it's like it's shoving the DLC in my face, saying "BUYITBUYITBUYIT"

Really hate when games do that.

Looking at you, Halo 3.

It has only 1 dlc, and that "BUYITBUYITBUYIT" thing's never happened to me.

I said "TF2 hybrid" because it has a red team and a blue team trying to capture each other's thing, with several classes with different weapons and different game modes, like TF2.

I used to love this game so much, but now they have the insanely cheap new characters, and I can never play a fair game. Sure, the giant can't eat cake to heal, but there are always 2 or 3 medics around each one, making them near impossible to kill. And don't even get me started on the ninjas.

I used to love this game so much, but now they have the insanely cheap new characters, and I can never play a fair game. Sure, the giant can't eat cake to heal, but there are always 2 or 3 medics around each one, making them near impossible to kill. And don't even get me started on the ninjas.

Wait, you mean they started to sell a dlc with exclusive and unbalanced classes?

Cheapest thing ever

Wait, you mean they started to sell a dlc with exclusive and unbalanced classes?

Cheapest thing ever

Yep, basically.

The update came with a nice split screen update, although it's pretty clunky. It was pretty fun playing local online.

i didn't played online very much in fat princess i was just making a private match in the soccer map to get the trophies but now that they add that dlc i might maybe get it or not for the pirate and the ninja, i played a lot but i think i played too much :lol: so i don't play it much often now

I had been interested in this game up until the point where you named the DLC classes.

You could always just play a private game where using those three classes gets you kicked out.

I had this game before my PS3 got YLOD ( :cry: ) and I LOOOOVED it. I wasn't there to see the new costumes but I saw concept art of Ninjas, Kings, Chefs, and Pirates, What DLC is there?

I had this game before my PS3 got YLOD ( :cry: ) and I LOOOOVED it. I wasn't there to see the new costumes but I saw concept art of Ninjas, Kings, Chefs, and Pirates, What DLC is there?

One, with the Pirate, Ninja, and Giant who render the Warrior useless.

What do they do? (Also, did they ever release New Pork City?

What do they do? (Also, did they ever release New Pork City?

Yeah, they did. Ninja and Pirate both have 6 hearts, have a short range weapon and a chargeable long range weapon, and have special attacks. The specials attacks, their only difference, are: Ninja, invisibility, and Pirate, cannonball.

The giant also has 6 hearts, and is the most powerful one so far. :|

Also, could someone explain if anyone is actually ever going to balance those three classes? Titan studios handed over the game to some other company, who's working on the PSP version, so..

I've heard Castle Crashers been compared to this game a lot. I don't see the resemblance, but it does look cool. I'd love for a sidescrolling game like CC be 32 players like that.

Then one day they realized the cake was a lie.

Ya I know you were all waiting for someone to post about the cake being a lie, I know.

I havent played recently, but all this DLC stuff is really ruining the game from what i see.

An option to play on servers where no DLC is allowed would be nice.

yeah i hope they balance it a little like they did with te point gained for saving the princess and stuff ( i was warlord rank and they restart the leaderboard! :cry: )

:lol: I was thinking that when I read the post. But that sucks. The game was pretty balanced when I used to play. Only bad things were Mic-less players (like myself) and Workers who bombed thier own teams doors for fun.

:lol: I was thinking that when I read the post. But that sucks. The game was pretty balanced when I used to play. Only bad things were Mic-less players (like myself) and Workers who bombed thier own teams doors for fun.

Ugh, I hate that. :twisted:

The worst, though, was when I got stuck in a team with some 7-year old kid who wouldn't stop talking on his mic. Whenever things got peacefully silent, he'd start singing to the tune of the song.

:(

Ugh, I hate that. :twisted:

The worst, though, was when I got stuck in a team with some 7-year old kid who wouldn't stop talking on his mic. Whenever things got peacefully silent, he'd start singing to the tune of the song.

:(

No mute option?